AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
06.08.09 14:06:23
I'm having trouble with AVS Audio Editor. I've used it for quite a while without any problems.

Background- I've used it to record some radio music that I played on my PC and saved as .wav files:
I have also used Converter to convert to .wma files.

Now I have been trying to “fade in” some of the beginnings that start loud abruptly- instead of a fade in effect the program is making the whole segment silence.

A similar problem occurred when I tried to use the “noise remover filter”. I had one song that was just
brash & noisy, so I applied the filter to it ( at both 3 and 6 db – fft @ 256) . It made the whole song
silence ( file size ended up @ 5 kb).

These processes used to work OK, I have used them successfully before. Have been using Audio editor for a couple of years. This occurred on a version that I think I downloaded in March '09 (4.2.1.107 dated 3-11-09). I searched the AVS site and downloaded the newest version ( 4.2.1.107 dated 6-24-09) last Sunday, but it does the same thing. Both versions are still on my PC in different
locations.

The only pertinent changes to my system since these things were working:
Added AVS mediaplayer, Audio recorder, Audio converter

I am using a Windows XP system (AMD 761 Processor)
I sent this question twice via email but not sure it is getting through.
Thanks Don
Administrator
07.08.09 05:24:45
To: Donbo

1. Do you have the original WAV file recorded in AVS Audio Editor? When you apply the effects with the settings specified to this file, does it come up silent in the program?

2. Try editing some other files, for ex. MP3 using the same functions. What is the result?

Hope to hear from you soon
07.08.09 10:07:08
To: nadin

To nadn:

I tried the same processes on MP3 and WAV- both worked fine. Retried on WMA -> same old problem. Perhaps when
I was using the program on previous occasions I never tried it with WMA's. This was my choice through trial & error at
a smaller file that would play on older CD players - before MP3 was popular. I realize now that I can do my edits in the
WAV larger files, but I had planned on just saving new music as WMA's - any further advice? is this a quirk of WMA or
is there a problem that can be fixed ?

Can you tell why my direct emails did not get through ? first was on Aug 3 I believe - and the second was yesterday just
before I posted this. I think that if they went through properly I would have seen some different/difference in the icon
for "Unanswered user request" am I right ?

More questions later.... Thanks Don
Administrator
10.08.09 00:19:55
Donbo:
I tried the same processes on MP3 and WAV- both worked fine. Retried on WMA -> same old problem.
Could you please send us an example of such WAV file - we'll do some testing to clear up the problem. You can zip and attach it here (if it is less than 10 Mb in size) or send it to us via FTP (for the instruction, check up the support page).

Donbo:
Can you tell why my direct emails did not get through ? first was on Aug 3 I believe - and the second was yesterday just
before I posted this. I think that if they went through properly I would have seen some different/difference in the icon
for "Unanswered user request" am I right ?
You'd better contact our support team by posting a request on the support page. I have not managed to find any new requests under your e-mail address there. Maybe you have used another one?

Your post concerning software updates has been moved to a new thread. Here is the link.

Best regards
10.08.09 08:05:46

I have uploaded a WAV -as requested - also uploaded a WMA which I had "converted" from it.

Thanks. Don
Administrator
17.08.09 05:51:32

Thank you for the files, they helped us to reproduce the bug.

The problem really exists in the current version of AVS Audio Editor, but it has gone in the new version we are planning to release soon. Please wait for the update.

Best regards
17.10.09 10:23:41

Has this update version been released yet ? Don
Administrator
18.10.09 22:33:14

Yes, it has. It can be downloaded from here.

Regards
22.10.09 07:41:22

Thanks for all your help. This works fine now; no more problems.

Don
Administrator
22.10.09 23:16:31

You are welcome!
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  185