AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
19.07.09 15:49:18
Hi.
I've already contacted Support about this, but I'm using this as an excuse to try out the forum. I'm evaluating AVS Video Converter prior to purchasing the All-In-1 package. I tried to convert an AVI (made with FRAPS) to Flash, and the results were disastrous. I have done the same conversion successfully with DVDVideosoft's free Video to Flash converter, and it is fine.
I hope this can be resolved, as I would like to buy the software, but this conversion is important to me. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mick Berg.
19.07.09 21:57:04
Mick Berg:
Hi.
I'm evaluating AVS Video Converter prior to purchasing the All-In-1 package. I tried to convert an AVI (made with FRAPS) to Flash, and the results were disastrous. I have done the same conversion successfully with DVDVideosoft's free Video to Flash converter, and it is fine.
I hope this can be resolved, as I would like to buy the software, but this conversion is important to me. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Seems that you can't edit posts.
I should add that the file played back very badly in Wimpy Flash Player and JW Desktop Player, but if I bring it back into AVS Video Converter it plays OK.
Thanks,
Mick Berg.
Dam
Administrator
20.07.09 04:36:00
To: Mick Berg

Hi Mick,

To solve the issue, we need more information.

So, please:
1. Launch AVS Video Converter and choose the input file
2. Press To Flash button and select the preset you want
3. Double click on Advanced button
4. Make a screenshot of the file information and send it to us.

Hope to hear from you soon.
20.07.09 14:28:56
To: Dam

Will do.
Thanks,
Mick Berg.
20.07.09 20:52:29
Here is jpeg of Screengrab you asked for.
Attached files:
78.28 KB
Dam
Administrator
21.07.09 03:32:23

Hi Mick,

Thank you for the SS. That cleared up the situation, but to solve the issue, we need your input file. Please upload it to our FTP. I will send you the instructions via e-mail.

Best Regards
21.07.09 12:39:17
Dam:

Hi Mick,

Thank you for the SS. That cleared up the situation, but to solve the issue, we need your input file. Please upload it to our FTP. I will send you the instructions via e-mail.

Best Regards

I have sent you the file, my apologies for its huge size. FRAPS creates very large files. I noticed that in the Advanced page of AVS Converter, the bitratefor the file is quoted as 18,744 kbps, but Windows Explorer sees the bit rate as 1411 kbps.
I look forward to your reply.
Mick Berg.
Support Manager
24.07.09 06:02:16

In order to improve quality try to change manualy bitrate of the output (edit profile menu)

Mick Berg:
I should add that the file played back very badly in Wimpy Flash Player and JW Desktop Player

Play back the file with MPlayer (or some other ffmpeg based player)
24.07.09 14:37:54
cotoPeC:

In order to improve quality try to change manualy bitrate of the output (edit profile menu)

I manually changed the bitrate in the profile to the highest it would accept, 16000kbps. There was no improvement.
:
Play back the file with MPlayer (or some other ffmpeg based player)
This seems to be a very esoteric player. So I didn't try it. I want to put these videos on a website using JWPlayer. It's not acceptable for the videos to only work on one player. Conversion of these files works fine with DVDVideosoft Video-Flash Converter, (free!) Not promising so far.
Thanks,
Mick Berg.
24.07.09 14:58:43
I tried doing an initial conversion from the original AVI to an AVI with a much lower bitrate (1316 kbps). This worked fine. Then I did the conversion to flash, with only a small reduction in bitrate (1200 kbps). Results again were awful. I will abandon testing unless I hear from AVS tech support, and obviously won't buy the product unless the problem is resolved.
Mick Berg.
24.07.09 15:22:48
It's really silly that you can't edit your posts on this forum, I have to keep adding posts! And I just don't seem to be able to leave this problem alone! Why is it that a flash file that plays badly on external players such as Wimpy or JW Desktop Player will play fine in the AVS Video Converter's own player?
I wish that it could be resolved.
Mick Berg.
25.07.09 13:53:14
Well i tried to convert from mpeg to a flash video file and got some little unknown output file that could not be openned by anything, then attempted to download adobe flash player as well as shockwave and they never showed up on my desktop anywhere and I could not find them so i am not sure what is going on. I even went to trouble shoot on the adobe site and they mentioned something about Explorer having some block out registry issues or something, but I am not a computer expert so I am not sure where to go after that, so I just gave up on that one, but did find out the software did a really nice job of converting the video down to over half its size to mp4 which is nice but I wonder can it be uploaded to youtube?:-)
25.07.09 15:19:19
Unsure:
........then attempted to download adobe flash player as well as shockwave and they never showed up on my desktop anywhere and I could not find them so i am not sure what is going on.?:-)

To see it on the desktop you have to download a desktop flash player. The others are for embedding in web pages etc. I know of Wimpy Flash Player and JW Desktop player (Longtail Video).
Mick Berg.
Support Manager
27.07.09 00:44:09

Unzip and save the file attached to the following directory: C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX
Then try play back your result flash video with non ffmpeg player (like Wimpy)
You can playback those files with AVS Media Player

Unsure:
I wonder can it be uploaded to youtube?

AVS Media Player can play your flv's (link given above)
Try working with AVS Youtube Uploader
Attached files:
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  36