AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
11.07.09 21:42:16
I digitized a VHS tape, and the resulting VOB files looked fine.

I pulled them into Remaker to merge the VOB files back into one movie and trim out several minutes of blue screen where the tape had stopped.

The resulting file (8.75GB or so) also looked fine.

The automatic burn feature (Remaker to Authoring) only burned 2MB to the DVD. So, I manually imported the merged file into Authoring.

I couldn't get Authoring to let me do a custom compression -- is there a way? -- so I could burn the movie to a DL DVD. I only need a tiny bit of compression.

As a test, I chose to compress the file to Standard Play so it would fit on a single-layer disc. On the resulting movie, the video looked fine. But, the audio and video were no longer sync'd.

Is there a setting or suggestion for resolving this?
Administrator
13.07.09 01:37:15
tngenewhiz:
I couldn't get Authoring to let me do a custom compression -- is there a way? -- so I could burn the movie to a DL DVD. I only need a tiny bit of compression.
In AVD DVD Authoring there is an option to burn the movie onto a DL disc (see screenshot attached).

Please make sure you are using the latest version of the program. To update the files follow Start > Programs > AVS Update Manager. In case the desynch problem persists, please do not hesitate to write back.

Best regards
Attached files:
13.07.09 11:12:17
nadin:
tngenewhiz:
In AVD DVD Authoring there is an option to burn the movie onto a DL disc (see screenshot attached).

Thank you for responding. I am familiar with the DL option.

What I can not find -- if it exists -- is place in DVD Authoring where I can control the amount of compression. The file I am working with only needs to compress a few percent -- not the ratios available in the Settings drop-down list.
Administrator
14.07.09 00:15:30
To: tngenewhiz

Unfortunately, currently there is no such option, however, we are planning to optimize the burning process in the next version of the program.

What you can try, is burning the movie using AVS Video Converter, as there is a shrinking option available in this program. You can take the source captured movie, edit it in AVS Video Converter (cut out the unnecessary scenes) and then burn the edited video onto a DVD choosing between the split and shrink options (they become available as soon as you click on Convert Now).

Prior to burning, please preview the movie in the program to make sure that no desynch problems persist.

Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  239