AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
15.04.09 15:05:22
This is EXACTLY the problem I'm having and it seems like the support desk had no clue how to handle it. VERY frustrating....tried multiple formats, multiple resolutions, but all had some audio missing....some more than others.

Also, why is it that the original file is, say, 100 mb and 60 minutes long...and then we edit it down to 30 minutes but the new movie created, even in the lowest resolution, is 800 mb? That makes NO sense at all. Am I doing something wrong?
Administrator
16.04.09 04:27:17
To: drbuttar

Please note my post within the following thread.

Regards
19.05.09 18:33:49
Have a problem on vista 64bit can add a audio file to the Video editor click it in the file selection screen click play and hear it but when it is dragged to the audio line it wont play its silent have checked the volume level no difference there

tried it on the old win xp machine we are upgrading from and it works

anyone else using vista 64bit or is there an aviable update?
Administrator
20.05.09 03:33:36
ron.olsen@jcu.edu.au:
have checked the volume level no difference there
Have you checked Volume and Balance settings in the program? (see screenshot attached). Try setting Main Video volume to zero and Audio Mix volume to 100. What is the result?

Best regards
Attached files:
20.05.09 16:26:27
To: nadin

yes that was the volume level I was refering to and even adding audio to just a jpg as soon as the audio is put on the mixer line in vista 64bit we get no sound (even tried just saving the project to a movie file incase it just wasnt playing in the application but the resulting movie is silent. Yet the same files on the xp machine {can even save the project and open it on xp machine and use the same files on a usb drive} will play the file on the on the mixer line and the saved movie is fine.
Administrator
22.05.09 06:19:14
To: ron.olsen@jcu.edu.au

Our developers would need an example of the audio file used in your project. If it is less than 10 Mb, please zip it and attach here. Or you can upload it to our FTP server. Check up the support page for the further information.

Regards
24.05.09 23:45:53
files copied to ftp in folder labeled Ron.Olsen
Administrator
03.06.09 01:13:31
To: ron.olsen@jcu.edu.au

Thank you for the files. The problem has not been reproduced by our testing team, so for the moment we'd recommend you waiting for the next version of AVS Video Editor which is to be released in the middle of June. In case the problem persists with the new version, plese do not hesitate to report on the issue.

Best regards
07.06.09 03:04:47
I add wmv files to a project, then drag them down onto the timeline. Once they are in the timeline, I lose the sound completely. If I play them while they are still up in the import area, then the sound is fine. But, once played in the timeline, the sound is gone for good. What gives?

Also, when I try to use Video Converter or any of the other video programs, the wmv file type is recognized by AVS as a supported file type when I browse to where my video files are and try to add them to a project. However, AVS's web site says wmv IS a supported file type. ????
Administrator
08.06.09 05:54:59
WickedGirl:
Once they are in the timeline, I lose the sound completely.
Please check up Volume and Balance settings of the program. Make sure that audio volume for Main Video is not set to zero. Also make sure that the preview is not muted.

If this does not clear up the problem, please specify whether such a problem persists with a particular WMV file, all WMV files or files of the other formats as well.

Basically, WMV files are fully supported, so if such files are correct, they must get recognized by AVS software.

Best regards
05.07.09 13:11:08
Hello :-D

I am not sure what is going on but when I try to convert a FLV file that contains sounds to a WMV it loses the sound. The video is fine but the sound is gone. I am Microsoft Zune Best Quality for the conversion. I am trying conversion with other types like the HD 720P to see if that will work and waiting for converrsion to finish

Do I need the Audio Converter program in order to get sound from in the video conversions?

Thanks
Administrator
06.07.09 02:58:20
To: hammeruc@cox.net

Please make sure you are using the latest version of AVS Video Converter.
Does the problem persist when you convert a particular file or other files as well? When you convert to WMV only?
If you preview the file in the program, is there sound?

hammeruc@cox....:
Do I need the Audio Converter program in order to get sound from in the video conversions?
No, you don't.

Hope to hear from you soon
06.07.09 14:16:13

I do have the latest version of Video converter. The version number is 6.3.1.367.

It doesn't seem to happen on all of my FLV files but a good number of them. When I look at the preview section there isn't any sound. When I click on the advanced section, the input file portion of the audio section shows no sound even though when I run this in Real Player I get sound. So it seems to be losing it when I select the file

And I did try for other file types with the same situation.

Confused indeed.
Administrator
07.07.09 01:45:06

Please could you send us one of these files for testing. I'll send you the instruction on the support page.
Also attach your PC configuration, specify the OS installed.

Thank you in advance
07.07.09 14:28:56

I just sent a file to FTP under my name that follows this example. My first name is Mike so that should help finding the file. When I play the file in Real Player I get sound. When I try to convert the file under Microsoft Zune Best Quality no sound.

I must give some warning and probably an apology as well. The video that I am sending is of an adult nature. Not graphic but definitely not family friendly. So if you want to remove this from FTP and don't continue the support than I understand. *SORRY*

Thanks
14.07.09 18:34:04

Hello again. I was wondering if there are any updates on this issue. I see that the file is still on the FTP server but I don't see any emails or forum posts on updates

Thanks
Administrator
16.07.09 00:18:33

Sorry for the delay. The file has been forwarded to our developers. It should take some time before they analyse the problem and find a solution. I'll keep you informed.

Best regards
01.08.09 12:30:49
Hi, i have converted my first movie with AVS COVERTER 6, from my personal collecetion, to transfer to my iPod, the conversion ,even though it took over 4 hours, went fine but the movie has no sound. what did i do wrong? I am new at this so please be gentle..lol..
I first decryped the movie with DVD Decrypter, i chose the largest size file available to convert, did is miss something? Any help with this would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.
P.S. i had no problem getting support, it was fast and efficient.:-(
02.08.09 17:55:46
moucronoise:
Hi, i have converted my first movie with AVS COVERTER 6, from my personal collecetion, to transfer to my iPod, the conversion ,even though it took over 4 hours, went fine but the movie has no sound. what did i do wrong? I am new at this so please be gentle..lol..
I first decryped the movie with DVD Decrypter, i chose the largest size file available to convert, did is miss something? Any help with this would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.
P.S. i had no problem getting support, it was fast and efficient.:-(

Before anyone spends the time to answer this message, thank you in advance but i have resolved the problem on my own, i simply forgot to to clck on video AND audio in DVD Decryper :'(
Administrator
03.08.09 03:47:50
To: moucronoise
Great the problem is solved now! :-)
Next time, prior to importing files into AVS Video Converter, please play them back in order to make sure they are correct initially.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  263