AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
20.04.09 01:18:08
Hi, I've just started to use the AVS audio converter but when I tried to convert all my mp3's (into any format) I found that most of the ID3 tags were lost during conversion. I'm not sure what's wrong, all of my media players understand the original ID3 tags and so does my Ipod. I can also confirm that sometimes the files that lost their ID3 tags don’t always lose them when I try to convert them again, but this time I only convert one track at a time.
Is this a known issue or am I alone with this?
Administrator
21.04.09 02:31:07
To: boosh

Actually ID3 tags are preserved when you convert to MP3 or WMA only. When you convert to the other formats they are lost. This happens due to specification of the particular formats.

boosh:
sometimes the files that lost their ID3 tags don’t always lose them when I try to convert them again, but this time I only convert one track at a time
This is really strange. Probably you have converted the same file to another format, i.e. MP3 or WMA.

Best regards
22.04.09 10:07:33
To: nadin

Well unfortuantly I converted the (test) files to MP3 and I still have the same problem. I'll use screen shots to visulise the problem.

First the tags are fine acording to xp and all my media players.

I stick the wanted files into the converter (in this case my 30 second to mars MP3's) to be converted to high quality MP3

AVS audio converter recongises the original ID3 tag as shown below

Conversion finishes but some tags are now missing.

AVS audio converter also can't find the tags

Also as reference my media player can't find the tags either.

Also as a note the exact same thing happens with .wma files.
Administrator
28.04.09 04:13:09
To: boosh

Thank you for the detailed information. It has been forwarded to our developers.
Most likely the bug will be corrected within the next version of the program they are currently working on.

I will keep you informed
01.05.09 11:08:08
To: nadin

Thanks for that. Please tell me if any more information is wanted or required.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  635