AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
18.03.09 03:09:34
Last week I purchased a license for the AVS Unlimited Subscription. I downloaded the AVS DVD Authoring software and it did exactly what I needed it to do. I was able to Burn a DVD with chapters to watch on a DVD player. Now I am unable to build or burn another copy of the same .dvdprj file. It seems it is building the VIDEO_TS but not the AUDIO_TS. When it goes to build and burn the same project I get this error message "AVS Video Burner has encountered a problem and needs to close" On the progress screen it states [[Start Burning -- Detecting Method... -- Opening Session --C:\....VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.VOB -- Cancel...]] It looks like it is building fine, but has issues when it starts to burn, other than the fact the AUDIO_TS file is emppty. I have uploaded an image of the error screen. Can you please advise on the problem and why I keep getting this error message?

Thank you, Robby
Attached files:
Administrator
20.03.09 05:01:10
To: FultonRoberts

Could you please try to reproduce the error, i.e. try to burn the movie the same way once again and, as soon as you get the error, click on To see what data this error report contains, click here message. Make a screenshot of the bug report and attach it here (or copy all the information the report contains and paste it into your message). This would help us to clear up the issue.

For the time being, you can try burning the disc using AVS Disc Creator or AVS DVD Copy, as the movie you have build has been saved on your hard disc. Just find VIDEO_TS folder with the movie on your PC and burn it onto the disc.

Hope to hear from you soon
22.03.09 15:27:08
To: nadin

I have attached a Zip of the screen shots from the error message. There were literally tens of thousands of lines of errors. I included the first couple of screen shots which started off with Module 1. The last Module was 63. Then the error report started listing Threads starting with 1 and ending around 33. It then went to Memory Range starting with 1 and ending tens of thousands of lines later.

I uninstalled and then reinstalled all of your programs and was able to burn a disc. When I went to build another project and burn another disc I got the same error message as outlined in my original message.

Please advise. My purpose in in purchasing your products were to burn discs and now I am unable to do so with your programs.
Attached files:
Administrator
27.03.09 06:59:38

Our developers have analysed the problem and they would recommend to try using a diferent disc for burning. Please use a low-speed disc from a known manufacturer, such as Verbatim. In case the problem persists, please specify the disc type used and send us the .log files created after unsuccessful burning (please zip them first).

If you are using Win XP, you can find them following:
C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\AVS4YOU\AVSDiscCreator\logs\

For Vista: C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoBurner

Would be great if you also tried using any other burning program on the same discs to check up whether the problem occurs due to incorrect disc type or this is our software that causes the error.

Best regards
29.03.09 04:27:37

Thank you for your response. I have tried different discs and they did not work. My students all brought a variety of blank DVD's for me to burn their projects on. What did work is 2 other products that I downloaded the trials for; Pinnacle and Primiere. I uninstalled and installed your product once again and it still was not able to burn DVD's. I purchased AVS specifically to burn a book report project on DVDs for my students. I was unable to do this with your product per the numerous error messages and program 'shut downs'. I was able to do what I needed with the trial version of Pinnacle.

Thank you for time. R Fulton
Administrator
01.04.09 01:31:14

According to the bug report you have attached, this seems to be project build problem, not the burning one. Therefore we would really appreciate if you zipped and attached your project file here (the one with .dvdprj extension). Our developers will analyse it and try to clear up the problem.

Best regards
01.04.09 03:41:20

As requested here is the zipped file of the project file.

Thank you, Rf
Attached files:
Administrator
01.04.09 22:25:09
To: fultonrobby@gmail.com

Thanks a lot for the project file. Could you please also attach an audio file used in your project as background music.

Hope to hear from you soon
18.05.09 09:14:20
my avs video burn isnt workin it says i dont have a burn at this time or im not autharise to you this burner
Administrator
20.05.09 03:51:21
To: jimmy manning

Please make sure your burner is working properly. Try burning discs using any other software and inform us on the result. Also make sure you have administrative permissions to write discs on this burner.

Regards
11.08.10 06:54:24
I am getting a project build error and asked to contact support. ??? Now don't say I have to send my files to be analyzed. I paid for this software and AVS should figure out what is wrong with their program.

I am not happy. That is for sure. This is absolute nonsense.
11.08.10 07:42:14
To: DiscoverySound

Hello,

If you mean automaticall bug report, no your files will not be sent to us. We wil receive just information about the error.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  181