AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
02.03.09 18:24:57
Hi, I have 2 issues when using video converter. I mostly convert m2ts files (BD) using AVS Video Converter 6 to be able to access my Blu Ray collection through network player. I use DivX (HD 720p profile) since my player works up to 720p. Recently I converted "Lord of War" with subtitles and when watching output file I noticed that the subtitles that have been displayed few minutes ago are showing again randomly while there are no actual current subtitles on the screen (no dialog). When this happens these random subs freeze and stay on the screen until the actual subs appear when conversation starts.

Second issue is that for some BD movies the output DivX video (DivX HD 720p profile again) has video stutter. All these movies are typical 23.97fps and I do not change this setting. First I thought that this might be an issue with my network player, but the video stutters the same way when watching it directly on my PC using many different players: PowerDVD8, WinAmp, Divx Player 7. The interesting thing is that for some videos there is less stutter, for some almost none, here are examples:
- Rambo I (BD), stutter all the time
- Lord of War (BD), little stutter occasionally
- Starship Troopers (BD), almost no stutter

Your suggestions are mostly appreciated. Btw, I use Intel E4500 Dual Core based PC with 2GB RAM and I enjoy the fact that AVS VC6 uses both cores which results in shiort conversion time. Software/codecs installed: DivX7 package, PowerDVD8, AVS6 VC, AnyDVD HD.
08.03.09 08:26:05
OK, I solved the stutter issue. It seems that this occurs only when converting directly from BD-disc (in the drive). When files are already on the hard disk, the conversion produces smooth playback file.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  81