AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
18.12.20 10:01:22
Hello,

Long ago I’ve bought a full version of the avs video converter (and audio converter), version 8xx.
With a webm.file loaded error message “no video” came up.

Now I’ve downloaded and installed the latest version 12.1 from avm side. Astonishingly this worked without entering the licence code, maybe because older version was installed already. Now I’ve also a “Full version” as shown on the top left side of the program.

But when loading a webm file, that runs without problems with the wmp, in the input window I can read a running time of only 3.9 seconds and that’s what will be converted too. The original file has a length of 52 min., MediaInfo reads VP9 and Opus for audio.
The avs v.c. reads following datas: VP9, size 1280x720, 50 frames/sec., 2078kb/sec., but no audio codec !

Also strange: When I select “In WebM” for conversion in the output file window I can only select “Ogg Vorbis” and “No Audio” but no Opus!

Can the avs v.c. not detect opus audio? In this forum I read the following by RomanN: There is no support of Opus audio codec for WEBM files with VP8/VP9 video at this moment - only Vorbis audio codec. The support of Opus audio codec for some formats is already in the plans..."

Now how far is that issue and what shall I do with all these web files with opus audio?

And why are only 4 sec. detected of a video file with 52 min. run time?

Dietrich
18.12.20 11:30:34
To: d.benn@t-online.de

Dear user,

Our developers do their best to implement support for OPUS audio codec as soon as possible. It may become available in one of the upcoming releases.

We apologize for any inconveniences it may cause!

Best regards
Online:
Users:  1  Joshka
Guests:  496