AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
10.11.20 19:05:54
Hi,

Just got a new laptop, used AVS video editor lots before not had any issues, I'm just trying to process my new project and I keep getting the following error:

I've tried cleaning the install off and re-downloading, the version I started with is the current one.

-Priview image present
-Click process
-Stops after 0.4 seconds with the following error msg:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Prgram C:\Program Files (x

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an usual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information

After clicking ok another error pops up:

An internal error was encountered (code: 65536). Please, contact the support service if this error persists.

I get the same sequence whatever exit format I choose for the final movie, first time I've encountered issues using this software....

Any ideas? Attached system config file.

Thanks,
Attached files:
1280.15 KB
10.11.20 19:07:38
To: Perfecto

Worth noting that the program does not crash it's just that the preview screen greys out, the time remaining bounces up and down, then it's error's after 0.4 seconds, I can immediately click process again and the same thing happens whatever format I choose to export with.

AVS Video Editor 9.4.
10.11.20 21:47:54

Figured it out, overlays are broken, can't use them.
Developer
13.11.20 12:17:04
Video preview with video overlay can be blocked by the system or doesn't work in Windows 8/8.1/10 (black or grey preview screen, freezing, no play). For these versions we recommend using video buffer.

Settings -> Preview -> Video rendering = Use video buffer
17.11.20 21:15:08
To: RomanN

Hi thanks for the reply, I'm still getting this error, the project and all files work fine on my desktop pc but when I try the same on my laptop it errors after 0.4 seconds.

Same version of windows, same NVIDIA drivers on both systems, tried re-installing the C++ package on the laptop. All clips were recorded on the laptop, new project on there also.

Error popups attached. Not sure what to do to fix this, never had any issues on the desktop PC previously.
Attached files:
5161.76 KB
4589.17 KB
17.11.20 21:17:10

Also tried full re-install of the software, no change.
17.11.20 21:20:46

Also a new laptop, fresh install of windows 10, minimal programs installed, steam, a few games, valorant, discord/teamspeak, AVS software, Kaspersky anti virus, tried pausing/closing that and encoding, same error is generated.

The only 2 pieces of software that I can think of that are not active on the desktop are:

ROG: Armoury Crate
Radeon Software

All other programs are present on both workstations.
18.11.20 12:51:02

Dear user,

To avoid the problem, please, try to change some settings. Follow the instruction below:

1) choose Single-Tread Conversion (Edit > Settings > Processing > Single-Thread Conversion)
2) enable Video Buffer (Edit > Settings > Preview > Use Video Buffer)
3) try different types of Intel Media Decoder (Edit > Settings > Acceleration > Type > Software/Hardware or Disabled)

Inform about the results

Best regards
18.11.20 18:03:50

Got a support e-mail suggesting:

1) choose Single-Tread Conversion (Edit > Settings > Processing > Single-Thread Conversion)
2) enable Video Buffer (Edit > Settings > Preview > Use Video Buffer)
3) disable Intel Media Decoder (Edit > Settings > Acceleration > Type > Disabled) - actually we recommend to try different types of Intel media decoder: Software, Hardware and Disabled

Had success with decoder set to hardware, but I had to remove all overlays and transitions from the project, worked with just video clips and music track, SD up to 4K.
23.11.20 09:18:13

Dear user,

Does the problem persist when you produce video in 4K quality only?
Do you have this problem when converting to 2K, Full HD, HD?

We also recommend to disable cache when producing large videos to high quality (Settings > Environment > No cache)

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  287