AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
18.06.17 20:02:57
Using AVS Video Editor with Win7: I am trying to import some still photos so that I can add a slide show to the end of a video. I want the duration of each photo to be 8 seconds. I set the default photo duration in AVS Video Editor>Edit>Settings menu, and then imported the pictures. They all came in 10 seconds long. I went back to the settings menu and clicked "restore defaults", which set the time to 5 seconds. I deleted all the pictures from the project and imported them again. They still are all 10 seconds.

I've repeated variations of this several times. I even tried updating to the latest version 7.5.1.288, but it didn't change anything.

What's going on?
Nat
19.06.17 12:26:38
To: JetSet27

Dear user,

If possible please attach 2 - 3 image files you use in the project.

Please send us screenshot of the Settings window in AVS Video Editor: press the 'Edit' command on the main menu - choose Settings - Edit section - make a screenshot and send it to us.

Please also send us the screenshot of the main window of AVS Video Editor with image files on the timeline.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
22.06.17 18:41:38
To: Nat

Nat- Thank you for your reply. Here are the screenshots you requested.

"AVS1-Settings" shows the status of the Edit>Settings>Edit window before any still pictures are imported. It is set to 8 seconds.

"AVS2-Storyboard" shows what happens after all of the stills are imported. Notice that each still has been converted to 10 seconds of video, not 8.

"AVS3-Timeline" shows the same thing in Timeline view

And there's also another problem which I didn't mention in my earlier post. If you play ANY of the imported image files, they look fine for the first half of the file, and then are blurred and out of focus for the rest of the file. This occurs on the final DVD product too.

"AVS4-Clear" shows playing the front half of one of the image files.
"AVS5-Blurry" shows playing the back half of one of the image files.

None of this seems normal, and I promise you I am not doing anything other than using the program the way it is supposed to be used. Any help will be appreciated.
Attached files:
Nat
29.06.17 12:53:00

Dear user,

Thank you for all the information.

I have passed it over to our developers.

I will let you know as soon as the issue is resolved.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards
Nat
30.06.17 09:47:58

Dear user,

Please send us your project .vep and source files used in the project to analyse the issue.

I have sent the information on how to upload the files to our FTP server via AVS4YOU support system.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
Developer
05.07.17 17:21:52

Your image files for slides has TIFF format, but not so simple. There are two pictures inside: original (with large frame size) and thumbnail (with small frame size). Our algorithm found that files as an animation (multi-page images) and AVS Video Editor set that files as video with default duration (10 seconds).

We will correct the algorithm...
Developer
06.07.17 17:03:49

We have a solution for you and we will send it to you soon... You will need to re-create the project in that new version.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  347