AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
24.11.16 14:00:56
AVS Video Editor 7.4.1.281 installed. Hardware is AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-core 2.4 GHz, 8 GB main system RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (512 MB). Obviously, not the latest and greatest hardware in the world as the system was built quite a while ago. Should be able to handle screen capture I am trying. Basically trying to capture a 1280x720 section of my screen of a web browser while demoing a program I am building for work. However, the screen capture function of Video Editor only captures about 1 to 3 seconds of video after I stop the capture. Have also had frequent crashes of the capture module. How do I grab a log of what is going wrong, and/or get this thing to reliably perform?
Nat
25.11.16 07:13:28
To: SilvrDrgn

Dear user,

To avoid the problem please completely uninstall AVS4YOU software from your PC following the instructions below:

1. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it.

2. Download the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website.

Now install the software on your PC anew.

Kind regards
26.11.16 11:29:11
To: Nat

Ran the removal program. Received message popup saying Could not delete file C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX\is-60RQ7.bak
When I try to delete manually, Windows 10 says access denied. I am running as administrator.
26.11.16 12:16:18

I managed to simply rename the directory the file is in to "hide" it from view of the software reinstall. I have reinstalled the AVS Video Editor software. It has helped, but it still only captures part of the video. FLV format gets about 1 minute of 2:30 minute capture. WMV gets less than that. AVI gets the whole video, but now there is a different issue. It does not pick up the audio from my computer/microphone when I am talking during the demo. I have tried all of the video and audio settings that I can find, but none of them pick up audio into the capture file. The properties on the file say they have audio, but there is none. I am positive I have the correct source selected.
Two questions:
What do I do about the audio issue?
Is there a way to change capture frame rate?
26.11.16 12:25:45

I forgot to note in my previous message that the WMV video format does have an additional problem in that the color palette is all screwed up. The colors on playback are completely off and wrong, making it useless for playback of a demo. The two questions in my previous message still stand.
Nat
29.11.16 12:05:01
To: SilvrDrgn

Dear user,

Please try to change the area that is being captured to avoid the issue.

Concerning the sound in AVI format: please specify what device you select in sound settings of screen capture.
Please also check the sound settings in Windows:
If you run Windows Vista, 7,8, go Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage audio devices > Recording tab > select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices > right click on each of the appeared in the window device's icons >> check the field Enable.
If you run Windows XP, go Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Audio tab > Sound Recording > Volume > Options > Properties > check all the devices and press OK.

There is color problem when saving video to WMV format, please choose another format.

Inform about the result please.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  41