AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
08.12.08 20:28:25
I had an issue with AVS Video Converter. I installed it, registered it and when I tried to run the program, I didn't get an error, I got a message box that popped up reading something like ".>@>1/24.&$í"

When I hit the ok button, the program exits.

I'm running Windows XP.

Ideas?
Dam
Administrator
09.12.08 00:55:14
To: VCGuitar

Hello,

Please, unzip the file AVSVideoConverter and save it in C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoConverter6.

Please, unzip the file AVSUniversalVideoConverter in the attachment and save it to your hard drive: C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX (You will be answered whether you want to replace the file, say YES).

Then launch the application.

Inform me about the result.

(The .dlls have been deleted, as they have been included into the latest update. Update AVS files following Start > Programs > AVS4YOU > AVS Update Manager)
10.12.08 02:58:01
To: VCGuitar

Hi VCGuitar,

I am discussing a similar issue under the post 'EAccessViolation'. In my case I get this message box on a PC running VISTA SP1. I can get VC 6.2. running if I try often enough ;-) (about 1 time out of 10 trials to start). If successfully started VC 6.2 then runs stable.

I would be highly interested what are the results from your tests as proposed by Dam.

Regards pinocchio35745
10.12.08 02:59:01
My dad gave me an unlimited subscription to the Video Converter Version 6, but it isn't working right. The first time I installed it, it worked fine for one video, but then started shutting down my computer in the middle of all the conversions I tried afterwards. I reinstalled the program, and this problem did not occur again, but a new one surfaced. Now, every time that I reinstall the program, it will work perfect until the next day. When I try it again on the next day, it gives a strange error message with a lot of symbols and won't start up.

I tried the repair, and it says that it can't load "AVSMobileDevice2ActiveSync.dll" and the only way to get the program to reinstall is to first delete that file.

I have attached a screenshot of the error message.
Attached files:
Dam
Administrator
14.01.09 00:12:18
To: FlameKissed

Please try the solution above.
18.01.09 19:09:34
To: Dam

Thanks a lot! It's working fine now, so I assume whatever the problem was is now gone.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  86