AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
16.07.16 09:24:26
Hi,

I have a new Laptop.
My old files are organized like that:

1 Windows Folder per Project on HDD "E:/". In it there is vep file + vec file + different Folder with Video/Music/Pictures.
So now I want to continue to work on my new Laptop where at the moment there is only "C:/".
I copies all the master folder without doing any structure change to the underlying RELATIVE path's....

When I open the vep files, no media files are found. JUST because its now on "C:/"???

Thats really crazy and bad programming. I don't accept to relocate every file to the timeline or browse for every files when opening the project.

Is there any hidden possiblity to locate the vep files directly in one folder with all the other media files?

I plugged also an external usb drive to the new laptop and changed the letter to "E:/". All files and folders were copied 1:1. Now the absolute path's should be correct, but still AVS doesn't find the files...

Its .... :D

Regards
16.07.16 09:58:46
echo89:
Hi,

I have a new Laptop.
My old files are organized like that:

1 Windows Folder per Project on HDD "E:/". In it there is vep file + vec file + different Folder with Video/Music/Pictures.
So now I want to continue to work on my new Laptop where at the moment there is only "C:/".
I copies all the master folder without doing any structure change to the underlying RELATIVE path's....

When I open the vep files, no media files are found. JUST because its now on "C:/"???

Thats really crazy and bad programming. I don't accept to relocate every file to the timeline or browse for every files when opening the project.

Is there any hidden possiblity to locate the vep files directly in one folder with all the other media files?

I plugged also an external usb drive to the new laptop and changed the letter to "E:/". All files and folders were copied 1:1. Now the absolute path's should be correct, but still AVS doesn't find the files...

Its .... :D

Regards

The second try was successfull with renaming the external drive.
But unbelievable that absolute path's are stored and not relatively. You learn that in first lesson of programming in school...
Nat
18.07.16 12:30:14
To: echo89

Dear user,

As AVS Video Editor does not contain any video, but only directions to the video files used in the project, so you can not delete or move the files to any other place on your PC.
If you changed the location of the files used in the project you will need to browse for the files in AVS Video Editor.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  13