AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
07.04.16 19:22:23
I've been working with this program for a couple of years, and I really like it (except the fact that you can't add but a certain amount of audio tracks to a project, but I've got that taken care of). I have recently come across a few issues and for whatever reason, support--which is usually really good--has not gotten back to me.

I used to only export to file to put onto a drive, but now I have a Blu-ray burner.

The Blu-rays come out nice, EXCEPT it seems to be redistributing the channels. In the original source file (which has 5.1 audio), the vocal track is isolated to the center speaker; however, now you can faintly hear them in the front side speakers as well. (Interesting and possibly related note: when setting up to burn to disc, it says that the project has two channels--no option to change it--so maybe it's downmixing it to stereo and then redistributing the audio?)

Next, I don't care to have a menu, but I have inserted chapters. If I disable the menu, can I retain the chapters? (I could find that out for myself, but I don't want to waste hours of rendering time and another disc doing so.)

Finally, and this really confuses me, why does it make my movies bigger? I bought a set of 25 gb discs because both of my projects, and possibly future ones, were smaller--hovering around 20 apiece. However, when I go to burn it, it says it's about 28 and asks me to split it to two discs or shrink to fit on one. I shrink it, but I'm assuming that means I'm losing quality. That's quite a huge jump there.

Any help on any of these issues would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Jason
Nat
08.04.16 13:15:50
To: frodawgg

Dear Jason,

The issue with BlueRay is that AVS4YOU software can produce only stereo sound form BlueRay video, thus such issue with sound occurs.
We are sorry for any inconveniences.

If you disable menu, chapters do not remain.

The size of the output file depends on the settings selected for the output. The bigger the resolution, the bitrate of the output file, the bigger the output size.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
08.04.16 18:52:40
To: Nat

Nat,

Thank you for the reply.

Why does it only export in stereo for BD? That's wacky. You would think for a format like that, you could do surround. Especially when you can do it when you save to "file". (And that still doesn't explain why you get audio from all six speakers, albeit misdistributed.)

Bummer about the chapters.

Regarding the file size, like I said, upon import, it was only about 20 gb at the same resolution as I want to export. All I did was add chapters--that shouldn't make it that much larger.

Thanks for the help, but a lot of this still doesn't make sense to me.
Administrator
11.04.16 08:32:45
To: frodawgg

Hi Jason!

Please be advised that your request has been answered in our Support System.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  295