AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
26.03.16 07:26:31
I installed Windows 10 a few days ago and the version of AVS Video editor I downloaded was 7.2. It worked for a couple of days, but then jumped out of my Program List into Documents and is unreachable. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it many times, but it won't show among the other programs. It's there in the Program Files and Data and on the Uninstall Page, but not where I need it.

On my older Vista OS, on a different HDD, AVS Video Editor 7.1 is working fine. It also has two editing profiles for 4K conversion or production, that are not showing on ver. 7.2. Oddly, when I try to reinstall it, if I let it launch itself from the installation page, it comes up and I've even edited a few videos with it at that time. But later, it is gone from the Program List. I hope I don't keep having to open up my old operating system, whenever I want to edit a video.

It's possible there may be a trace of the uninstalled program lurking in a folder, fouling up the new installation. But I've hunted out every place I could find anything and removed it, even including the custom profiles in the avi-.xml folder.
26.03.16 20:06:24
To: Steve McDonald
It appears that I solved the problem of not getting AVS Video Editor to come up on the Program List. It was because I have the Start Menu X program and I had checked a box to put AVS in one of its groups. That keeps it off the Program List and makes it unavailable for use. Not a good thing to do, but there's no warning on the Start Menu X program about that. This program is essential on Windows 10, to replace the missing Program List.

I still can't find where the options to publish or convert into 2K or 4K are. Version 7.1 has two editing profiles for converting or editing 4K into Full HD, but those are missing on version 7.2.
Nat
28.03.16 09:14:45
To: Steve McDonald

Dear user,

Thank you for using AVS4YOU forum.

I am glad the issue is resolved.

Please follow this link to find the details about the 2 and 4 K profiles.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  1  justinwilliams
Guests:  200