AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
01.02.16 20:12:17
Hello to all,

My AVS Video Editor keeps crashing in the middle of the editing work. I followed some of the steps like reinstalling AVS Editor but it did not solve the problem.

After some time, I did not experience any problems with AVS Video Editor until I received a warning when I was saving the project. After that the media files in the current project folder disappeared, and now even if I import something to that folder, it keeps disappearing when I close the editor. Afterwards things got even worse. So now, when I want to edit something on the timeline, the screen freezes and the editor stops working. Also interestingly, preview does not work at all for the first half of the movie but it works for the second half of the movie although it takes soo much time. However, I experience no problems when I produce the final movie. It does not crash and completes the action. In the end, I cannot do any more edits but can only produce the final output.

I was planning to buy the product after I finalize this project (because I am editing my own wedding film) and continue to do amateur editing works in AVS Video Editor as well. So, I would REALLY appreciate if you can help me to solve this annoying problem.

Let me know if I have to give more information with regard to my computer.

Best!
Nat
02.02.16 12:14:57
To: isvicrelikuki

Dear user,

Please try to completely uninstall all AVS4YOU software traces from your PC following the instructions below:

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it.

3. Download and install the latest version of AVS Video Editor and inform about the result.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
02.02.16 22:23:50
Dear Nat,

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, the problem is still there. Although I managed to do some editing after the uninstall and reinstall, I cannot do any editing in the parts where I used multiple video overlays. Otherwise, the editor stops working.

I will be waiting for your reply and thank you very much again.

To: Nat
Nat
03.02.16 11:08:00
To: isvicrelikuki

Dear user,

Thank you for the information.

Please try to do the following:

1. Unzip the file in the attachment and run it by double clicking on it.

2. Switch off Intel Media Codec (Edit/ Settings/ processing/ Intel Media Codec/ choose disable) and set up single thread conversion (Edit/ Settings/ processing/ put a marker on single thread conversion)

3. Disable Show line groups and Show sound wave form (Edit/ Settings/ Edit/ remove the markers from Disable Show line groups and Show sound wave form)

Please inform about the result.

Kind regards
Attached files:
28.02.17 19:55:52
Nat...if you could, I am having same issue that was identified on this thread. I have attempted the fixes you mentioned but AVS Video Editor still crashes for me... Not only does it crash, but it completely renders the video card useless and forces a re-start to recover. AVS Video Editor is the only application that causes this problem. I have re-installed a number of times. I am actually considering dumping it all together in favor of another video editor even though I have paid registration...way too frustrating. But I have a lot of work to do and would like the product to function properly instead. Any suggestions?

Windows 10...laptop. Plenty of memory and space.
Attached files:
Developer
01.03.17 09:51:03
To: sboudreaux

First of all, make a repairing procedure for ActiveX-libraries and tell us, if there will be some errors.
Please, run special utility:
- for Windows 32-bit:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe
- for Windows 64-bit:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe

Also you can try another method of video rendering:
Settings -> Preview -> Video rendering - Use video buffer -
and restart the application.
Sky
12.10.22 20:27:23
To: RomaRio
thank you i hope it works, i was using AVS video converter and all of a sudden my other video program also locks up, (Pinnacle 25 from Corel) I removed it for now....AVS does not answer my email or chat requests.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  106