AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
13.05.15 11:55:37
Dear community,

I deleted about 3 seconds in the middle of a video (it is AVI and consists of only one scene) and put the two parts together directly.
The last frame of part 1 is very similar to the first frame of part 2.
Because they are not completely identic, there is a little jerk(ing) at this position.

My idea is to work with the video overlay to get a smooth transition.
But as a newbie, I have no intuition, which the best way is, to solve this problem.

What do you think of making a new short scene consisting of the last frame of part 1 and the first frame of part 2.
Stretching the time of the new part 3 times or something like this.
Put it in the line of video overlay at the middle of the position, where the video is cut.
And find a suitable setting for the transparency.

What is your opinion?

Kind regards and sorry for my bad English,
alles
Nat
15.05.15 15:30:08
To: alles

Dear Alles,

You can try to apply one of the transitions to avoid the jerking, follow the link below to find the detailed instructions on how to do it:
http://onlinehelp.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor/Features/EditingVideos/Video/AddingTransitions/index.aspx

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
28.07.15 16:09:45
Hi Alles, any updates so far if this has been working for you already?
23.08.15 04:04:59
Quick question - anyone know the best way to split a video at a point, then hold a frame (to pause it while you draw text/directions on the screen), then continue? It's not immediately obvious to me how to duplicate a frame over a long period. (Ex: 5-10 seconds.)

Might interest you, but how The Mercer Report (Canadian TV Show) did a lot of transitions was to basically do them at hyperspeed. If you must clip 15 seconds of video from a longer clip, you can pull frames from those 15 seconds for the 10 frame (or however many) transition, performing a much more smooth and natural "fade" transition.

-Kramy
Nat
28.08.15 13:40:41
To: Kramy

Dear Kramy,

Thank you for the information.

Concernign your question - you can use freeze frame option to hold a frame for a few seconds, follow the link below to find the detailed instructions on how to use it:
http://onlinehelp.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor/Features/EditingVideos/FreezeFrame.aspx

Should you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  186