AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
21.06.14 17:51:07
hello. Hoping someone can troubleshoot. Two days ago, my AVS video editor was working perfectly. Today, I boot it up to work on a project. I can view all my imported media on the saved file, but it will not play. Not the actual project timeline or the imported media clips themselves. I thought perhaps my .vep file was corrupted and began a new project to see if perhaps that was the issue. Still won't play any media.

I ran a virus scan on my PC yesterday and it cleaned out some files. Could a key file have been deleted? I'm by no means ignorant with the video editor and have made many videos using this program, so I know how it should work.

What would you guys suggest? Also, if I need to delete the program and re-install (which won't be a problem since I still have the registry key), will my currently saved projects still be able to be imported and continued to be worked on? Or will I lose all that work on my videos in progress?

Thanks!
22.06.14 16:14:47
What you can probably do here is to run a Windows System Restore. Back to two days ago where this software is running fine.
Nat
26.06.14 06:15:53
To: kickstand75

Dear user,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

We'd reccomend you to reinstall the software, but please make sure you saved all the editings to your project file.

And export media library: press the File button on the top toolbar - choose Export media library, so you will be able to import it after the reinstall.

Then follow the steps below to reinstall the software:
1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it.

3. Download the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website:
http://avs4you.com/downloads.aspx
Now install the software on your PC anew.

Inform about the result.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  797