AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
25.03.14 23:03:06
Hi,

I'm converting a WMV to a WEBM using AVS 8.5 Converter. This generally seems to work when viewing the WEBM but around the 3 minute
mark the audio and video split and are out of sync. I'm just trying to find out how AVS can have setting to fix this? Doesn't really
matter what WMV file I convert, they all start out really good but end up badly out of sync. I'm using Vorbis, with 10240 bitrate and VBR
with Good quality.

I searched web pages, other tools related to async tuning ??

Conversion of this same WMV to SWF works fine.

Thanks for any help.
Nat
28.03.14 06:34:51
To: gsorensen112571@gmail.com

Dear user,

To avoid the problem please completely uninstall AVS4YOU software from your PC. Instructions below:

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it. It is highly recommended to leave the default option "Delete license key-files" checked.

3. Download and install the latest version of AVS Video Converter:
http://avs4you.com/downloads.aspx
Try to use it and inform about the result.

Kind regards
28.03.14 15:48:39
Ok, I've re-installed completely and will retry.

I've also gone a bit further. I've even tried splitting apart the Audio and Video tracks and merging
them into a MPG or MP4 using the video editor. All seems ok with these until i converted to WEBM.
The WEBM will diverge where Video jumps ahead of Audio right about at 9min 30sec of a full 13min.

I also tried converting my original WMV to WEBM... and split the whole video in two parts roughly 6min
30seconds each. Each WEBM file at roughly 3/4 of the way diverges in this same manner. (i.e at roughly
4.5 seconds of 6.5 the video jumps way ahead of audio on both.

I seem to be getting the same behavior regardless of source format and the video/audio tracks diverge
on WEBM about 3/4 of the way through regardless of the length of the video.

I'm going to try something shorter as a sample and see if maybe a 1 or 2 minute video does the same thing.
28.03.14 18:38:51
Thinking this has something to do with the browser.. I've updated a windows box and Linux box with same Firefox 28.
I get the same behavior around 9m.21s where it either stops on windows or becomes very divergent on linux. Also doesn't matter if the webm is served up with an httpd or local html file. So this really does look like the webm file itself isn't quite right.

In the hopes this is due to some "wmv" file conversion issue. I'm trying with converting a fresh "mov" to "webm".
28.03.14 22:20:20
The latest mov file I converted to webm about 6 minutes long also fails at about 3.3 minutes. Doesn't seem to matter what I convert to webm, at about half way or 3/4 of the way on playback, the video and audio diverge horribly. No errors were thrown during the conversion. The files I'm converting are only 7 to 10 MB and between 6 and 13 min long.

I'm using either the 1080P or the 720P default profiles to do this. So far I've done 3 different video files with the same results.

SWF flash works fine. Other format like MP4 and MPG are ok also.

This is the latest 8.5 version. I'm hoping someone can run a simple test on a file. I'm on Windows XP SP3, not sure really has something to do with it. Maybe the software is relying on a library that is broken but fixed on later versions of Windows.
Nat
31.03.14 09:16:21
To: gasorensen_tx

Dear user,

To analyse the problem we need your source file - the one that was originally used for conversion.
Please upload the file to our FTP server - I send you the instructions on how to do it via AVS Support System.

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards
01.04.14 16:52:13
To: Nat

Just to document in forum here. I re-recorded a "wmv" about 10min 49 seconds.
Converted using default 1080p HD profile for a "webm" and get choppy video and audio.
Change this to 15fps (matching original) and using VBR for rate control, at 9min 2 seconds
the video and audio split and the video then terminates... moving from about 9min 20 seconds to 10.49.

This is using Firefox 28 and Video Converter 8.5

Uploads of the source and output files have been sent up.
Nat
02.04.14 07:53:09

Dear user,

Thank you for the information and files.

We will now test them and inform you as soon as the issue is resolved.

Kind regards
15.04.14 22:22:00
To: Nat

Nat sent me a patch to update or sync the AVS Libraries.

I installed the patch. I also tried to minimize any real differences in the format for the bitrate, framerate, frame size, and on the audio channel I changed to same 16000 Hz with a low 64kbit rate and mono channel. Using same input source characteristics and output characteristics produces. With small exception for the audio bitrate. I also used VBR encoding.

I've attached my settings below show roughly the same. This seems to do the trick. I'm converting with out the huge divergence in the video and audio. So, I don't know if it's the patch or me "tuning it down", but I seem to be working now.
Attached files:
Nat
17.04.14 07:31:22

Dear user,

Thank you for leaving the feedback.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  219