AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
16.12.13 16:55:55
Every time I process a video using AVS Video Editor, the resulting video has its aspect ratio altered and black bars inserted left and right. Why is it doing this and how do we get it fixed? I am attaching two screen shots here. Both were played back using VLC Media Player. The first is a screen shot BEFORE processing with AVS Video Editor. The second is after. Why is it doing this? Why doesn't it keep the video full screen???
Attached files:
168.6 KB
112.45 KB
Nat
17.12.13 06:59:44
To: will7370

Dear user,

Please try to provide some additional information about the problem:
- specify your project aspect ratio: press the Edit button on the top toolbar - choose Aspect ratio - what is the aspect ratio?,
- specify what aspect settings are selected for the output - after selecting the format and profile what video size is selected?
- specify the frame size of the input video.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
17.12.13 16:03:14
To: Nat

Thank you for your quick reply!

I did find out that my project aspect ratio in AVS Video Editor was defaulting to 16 x 9. Changing it to 4 x 3 filled the whole screen. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

However, when I select my output format to be DVD (not AVI), then I do not see any way to change the output format, profile and frame size.

But I think this will have solved my problem. If not, I will write and let you know.

Thanks again.
Nat
19.12.13 07:30:30
To: will7370

Dear Will,

Thank you for the information.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
25.01.14 11:45:16
I'm sure by the standards of many in here I'm fairly newb, but I'm also not totally audio/video, codec illiterate, I just don't very much about widescreen and standard resolutions and converting between them. And I have been monkeying around quite a bit lately with a great little program I've come to like quite a lot, AVS Video Editor 4. For the most part it's fairly easy to use and self explanatory and gives great results. But I have run into a little problem now trying to cut some of my favorite movie clips and save them individually, mainly due to my lack of knowledge about the difference between widescreen and standard resolutions and frame sizes. The problem is I have a movie I am trying to cut clips from, a widescreen mp4. The picture attached here is a picture with the original video untouched that I am trying get clips from in the top shot and the output video I always get in the bottom shot. As you can see, the original movie is currently in a truly proper wide screen frame format. Trimming the clip is easy, but the problem arises when I try output a clip of the movie just exactly as it is now. With AVS Video Editor you can select your codec, ie H.264, MPEG4, etc, and either save with the default frame rate, frame size, etc, or you can use advanced selections to enter your own numbers for these settings. What I have been trying to do is use the same codec, H.264, and the same frame size and frame rate the video is already in, in hopes of preserving the current quality as much as possible. But the problem is I never get the same kind of widescreen video frames in the output file as are already in the original movie. And I have tried an MPEG4 codec with the frame size and frame rate set to the same as the original video too, but as I said I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to frame sizes and widescreen and standard resolutions, and I always seem to get the same result no matter which I try. So, my question is simply this. What do I have to do to save a clip I have cut from the movie with AVS Video Editor and have it end up with the exact same kind of widescreen frame pictured in the attached pic from the original movie....??? Any advice on how to save an output file with the same kind of widescreen frame as the original video the way I want it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Attached files:
113.54 KB
Nat
28.01.14 10:45:32
To: KosmoLeo

Dear user,

The black margins appear on the file due to the fact that you create the project with aspect ratio 16:9, but save it to 4:3. The black margins not to appear please chage the aspect ratio to 4:3 before adding the files to the timeline of AVS Video Editor: press the Edit button on the top toolbar - choose Aspect ration - select 4:3.

Please make sure the option "Set the project aspect ratio acording to the first file' is not checked (go Edit - Settings - General). After that save the file once again.

Inform if my recomendations were helpfull to you.

Kind regards
28.01.14 17:03:51
Just a quick question please. Is there a difference in quality if we use either DVD or AVI as output?
Nat
30.01.14 07:40:12
To: dwaynnyt

Dear user,

The difference in output video quality depends on the input file parameters.
If you create AVI, you can get higher parameters of video like bitrate, frame rate and frame size. However if your input video is of low quality, the quality won't be higher if you select high quality profile.

To get the created video of better quality please try to select the input file parameters like video bitrate, frame rate and frae size to be the same for the output, to do it press the Advanced button after selecting the format (for DVD video Advanced option is disabled, so you need to select the profile that has similar to input file parameters). To check the input file parameter right click on the file while in AVS Video Editor - choose Properties.

Kind regards
20.04.14 14:29:30
My AVI aspect ratio is perfect, but my SWF got really skinny. If I am Producing to Web/Flash and click the Advanced button, how should I set the Width and Height so that the SWF file plays like the Project?
Nat
22.04.14 12:42:03
To: slicendice

Dear user,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

Please send us the following screenshot so we could assist you: import the video you need to convert into the program, select settings you used for the output, press the Advanced button - make screenshot and send it to us.

We greatly appreciate your help.

Kind regards .
23.04.14 12:14:21
Nat:
Please send us the following screenshot so we could assist you: import the video you need to convert into the program, select settings you used for the output, press the Advanced button - make screenshot and send it to us.
Attached are four screenshots of all the configurations I used. The SWF file plays very skinny every time.
Attached files:
Nat
25.04.14 08:55:49
To: slicendice

Dear user,

Thank you for the screenshot.

We also need the inoput file parameters: right click on the original file you need to convert while in media library - choose Properties - make a screenshot and send it to us.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
16.05.14 22:12:43
I need HELP!! SOS

I am creating a video for my son's school farewell. I have a bunch of images that I put in the editor, added the music but when I produce the video it puts black bars on the side. I chose the aspect ratio of 16:9 but it won't fit. I even tried crop scale but it doesn't work.
PLEASE HELPPPP!!
Nat
20.05.14 07:49:20
To: amithakor

Dear user,

The fact is program by default changes the aspect of the video according to the aspect of the first video added to the timeline.

To avoid the issue please: click Edit button on the top toolbar - choose Settings - General - in Project section unclick the option 'Set the project's aspect ratio according to the first file' and close the Settings window.

Afterwards you will need to select your project aspect ratio according to the aspect ratio of the output file: click Edit - Aspect ratio - select the one you need. Then edit your video and save it. You will not have the issue this way.

Kind regards
01.08.14 17:10:59
when I am making video's the project screen shows only part of the video, unless I press the next scene button then it go to full screen and does not play, I have been using for three years and first time this happened , can u help thanks Brian
01.08.14 17:11:43
To: Nat

The image is located on the upper left corner of the screen
Nat
06.08.14 13:05:47
To: brianb

Dear Brian,

To avoid the problem please completely uninstall AVS4YOU software from your PC. Instructions below:

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it.

3. Download the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website and install them:
http://avs4you.com/downloads.aspx

Try to use AVS Video Editor and inform about the result.

Best regards.
21.06.16 10:53:41
Hi dear,
i want to add video overlay in youtube video outro but avs is not supporting size/crop from upper/lower/left and right side but supporting from corners.
Hence, i can't size/crop my overllay perfectly
see the candy crush image that it is not fitting in the grey box perfectly
Please add a solution
Regards
maaz saleem
Attached files:
137.77 KB
21.06.16 10:55:04
To: maaz saleem

m email address: maazsaleem59@gmail.com
Nat
23.06.16 08:58:16
To: maaz saleem

Dear Maaz,

Unfortunately it is not possible to crop video overlay from upper/lower/left and right side for now.

I will pass your suggestion over to our developers team.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  407