AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
16.09.13 00:26:50
I've been playing around with the video editor and have run into a bit of an odd issue. As a test I shot a 2:47 video using FRAPS and used the video editor to selectively remove scenes from it. Trimming it down to about 2 minutes. The video is divided into 11 scenes with most of the smaller trimming occurring near the end. I've tried exporting it using a number of different configurations and always get the same result. The original video was recorded at 30 FPS and most of the output appears just like it does in the original recording. However, certain scenes appear as though they were output at between 1/2 and 1/3 the FPS of the rest of the video. I estimate that a little over half of them behave like this and which ones appears to be random with scenes running at normal FPS appearing between scenes at lower FPS. Which scenes have the issue is consistent between exports. All scenes are referencing the same file.

I've tried all kinds of export settings and the only one that made any difference was FPS which didn't actually solve the problem but caused the rest of the video to behave in a similar way so it wasn't as obvious. I tried re-recording the video and applying the same cuts to it and got the same result with different scenes experiencing the issue. I tried using Avidemux to re-encode the video with a different encoding and bit rate before trimming it which didn't change anything. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing the application which had no effect. Fiddling with the individual scenes didn't appear to change anything and I could find no discernible difference between scenes that worked and scenes that didn't.

Anyone have any suggestions or encountered this before?

AVS Video Editor Version: 6.4.1.240
Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Videos were shot at 1280x720 and 1920x1080 both at 30 FPS
I've tried a number of export settings and they all did the same thing but the main one is the default "HD Video 1080p" setting for AVI exports with the FPS changed from 25 to 30.
Administrator
16.09.13 09:35:06
To: An_Individual

Dear AVS4YOU customer,

Probably there is a problem in the video recording with VBR option switched on. To resolve the issue we recommend you to try to switch off this option in Fraps while recording. If it does not help please try to edit the video in AVS Video Remaker that does not reencode the original video.

Please let us know about the result.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  577