AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
27.08.13 09:37:11
I am using the latest version of AVS Video Converter -- with Windows XP, Service Pack 3.

I have recently noticed that even after I am finished using the program, the AVSVideoConverter.exe process continues to run. At first I thought that maybe it was performing housekeeping tasks, but the process was still running after one hour at 100% CPU utilization. I finally had to use Task Manager to kill the process.

If there is a fix for this or if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.
Nat
29.08.13 08:00:11
To: drcoaster@aol.com

Dear user,

To avoid the problem please try to reinstall AVS4YOU software following the instructions below:

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it. It is highly recommended to leave the default option "Delete license key-files" checked.

3. Download the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website:
http://avs4you.com/downloads.aspx
Now install the software on your PC anew.

Try to use AVS Video Editor and inform about the result.

Best regards.
29.08.13 14:13:25
To: Nat
Please re-read my original query. The problem was with AVS Video Converter, not AVS Video Editor. In any case, I completely removed all AVS software from my system, then ran the AVS Uninstall Cleaner, and then re-downloaded and installed the AVS software once again.

The results -- no difference!

I think your programmers need to find out why the AVSVideoConverter.exe process is going into an infinite loop -- I believe that this is what is hanging up everything. So far, none of the other AVS programs that I use are doing this, so I believe the problem is unique to AVS Video Converter.
Nat
30.08.13 11:40:12
To: drcoaster@aol.com

Dear user,

Please specify what antivirus you have running. Try to disconnect it for a while and close AVS Video Converter and inform if you still have AVS Video Converter in Processes tab.

Then unzip the files in the attachment and save them to your hard drive:
C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoConverter

Try to use AVS Video Converter and send us the .log files that will be created after you close AVS Video Converter in the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local settings\Temp (if you have XP OS)

or in C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Temp (if you have Windows Vista, 7 or 8)

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  87