AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
21.09.09 13:47:06
During my trial period, I worked on AVS at my home computer. I saved the project movie to the computer I was working on. Today I bought & registered AVS at my WORK computer (because that's where I will be doing my editing and filming).

How do I get the saved project file from my home computer to the work computer? I tried saving to a 4 GB flash and then saving it to the work computer desktop. Tried importing it into AVS. Don't know what to do.

Please help your newest fan.

Suzanne Locker
Administrator
23.09.09 01:47:14
To: abcpetresort

You can move the project file (the one with the .vep4 extension), but if you move this file only the project will get corrupted, as it contains links to media files used during the project creation stage. Therefore you need to move video and audio files also and place them to the appropriate directory on your work PC (the one they were previously saved to on your home PC).

To find out which media files were used and which directory they must be saved to, you can right-click the .vep file and choose Open with > Notepad or any other text editing program. Here in the code after each "Source sourcetype=" message you will see the path for the files used in the project (see screenshot). If you move the files to these required paths on your work PC, the project will be restored.

Best regards
Attached files:
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  135