AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
19.03.13 17:45:56
I don't know much about this and get terribly confused with all the different formats but I'd like to use the AVS apps to edit my recorded videos. These are in a ts file extension and a info file is created with each recording. I obviously don't understand the technical reasons why keeping the same format is not possible while editing and really think that should be looked after. I have over 75 videos which I need to erase the commercials from and AVS doesn't do me much good when that seems to be so complicated. I really don't know a thing about this. I've been told th subtitles and audio tracks are embedded in the video files, but when I can see them in my PC with VLC player without the need of the info file, I'm not when I try to watch them with my pvr reproducer. This info file doesn't seem to have anything but code with the language specifications.
Nat
20.03.13 05:38:27
To: capdetrons

Dear user,

You can delete the commercials without reencoding (convertion).
To do it you need to select the input parameters like video bitrate, frame rate, frame size for the output: press the Advanced button on AVS Video Converter - Conversion options - see the screenshot attached.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Attached files:
1503.52 KB
21.03.13 16:51:41

Looks like this is what you're looking for. But I'll try to duplicate this in a few but the screen shot looks good from here.
16.04.13 10:26:22

thanks for the reply... didn't think I would get one and hardly enter the forum. But I don't understand...

you say a movie can be edited and left in the same exact format?

I tried that, I think. WIll do it again, but I keep loosing the subtitles when splitting the original.

I see your attached file... it would be running converter and edit from it, is that what you suggest?

Thanks
Nat
17.04.13 06:30:06

Dear user,

You can use either AVS Video Converter or AVS Video Editor, and select the output format according to input video file parameters.
You can check input file settings in AVS Video Editor by right clicking on it - choose Properties.

If your input file has subtitles in it you can select them under Advanced settings of AVS Video Converter - see the screenshot attached.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Attached files:
17.04.13 10:20:38
This is what I have in Converter. The video definitely has subtitles and I still don't know whether they are embedded in it or not. It reads DVB subtitles in the VLC player. I have been in touch with support but it seems like this can't be done with AVS. One would think if a file remains the same format there shouldn't be change in it.

Anyway, thanks for your help,
Attached files:
76.08 KB
Nat
18.04.13 06:26:24

Dear user,

Unfortunately, DVB subtitles are not supported by AVS applications and, thus, cannot be displayed.

We are very sorry for the inconveniences.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  55