AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
24.01.13 03:10:09
I've used AVS for years and love the suite but have recently begun having the following problem that's stopped me in my tracks.

When I try to "Produce" my final Movie, instead of slowly creating the final output file, it instantly creates the output in less than 1 second. Unfortunately the output file is corrupt. It doesn't matter what format or settings I try, the result is always the same... Final step of Producing file is instant and the output is corrput and is just a few kb in size. I am a software engineer and would consider myself a power user of the AVS Suite.

Here is some more detail around the different steps I've taken to troubleshoot and fix this problem myself.

-I'm using a fully licensed version 6.3.1.231 on Windows 7 Professional.
-My input file was an .MP4 taken on my Android Phone. I commonly used these in my editing projects before I started having problems.
-Project File works Correctly and no problem w/ Editing, Adding Effects, or playing Video inside of the Editor.
-I've uninstalled/reinstalled the entire AVS Suite multiple times using the latest version of the Software.
-I've tried using the "Uninstaller Cleanup Tool" after I uninstall all the programs.
-I've tried running a SYSTEM RESTORE.
-I've manually deleted Registry Keys & File Folders etc following your instructions on the web.
-I've tried the "AVS Repair" Program.
-After each of the above actions I've rebooted my system to ensure i'm running clean.
-I've tried both single thread & multi thread conversion settings.
-I've tried multiple different output file format you have available.
-AVS Video Converter behaves in the same Way.

I've attached a sample output file so that you can see the output file I'm getting.

I really like your software and anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.
Nat
24.01.13 03:34:18
To: Joseph_Ring@Yahoo.Com

Dear Joseph,

To analyse the problem we need your project .vep and source files used in the project. I sent you the instructionsl on how to upload the file toour FTP server via AVS Support System, use your e-mail and forum password to track the answer there.

Please also specify to what format you save the video to and what settings you select.
Where are the files used in the project are located on your PC? What is the output file destination?

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
24.01.13 03:50:57
To: Nat

I've uploaded "Jring - AVS Error.zip" to your ftp file. This contains all of the files you requested.

For this example, the source and output are either on the Desktop or in a folder on my Desktop. I've ensured there are no security problems w/ the folder etc.

On a hunch I did try to take an old project which I did and produce the output and much to my surprise it WORKED without a hitch.

I'm not using any non-standard output file parameters.

Thanks again and I look forward to your response.

J-
24.01.13 04:13:53

Nat, anything??
Nat
25.01.13 04:03:20

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for the file and the information. We'll know test it and inform as soon as we find out any information.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards
28.03.14 12:18:03
Hi
I have made several small videos with AVS with no problem. I have one however which looks fine in the editor and plays fine in the editor but when I go to produce to create an output file it only creates the first 25 seconds or so. It does this no matter what output format I choose. I have attached the vep file for you to look at. Any help is appreciated.
Attached files:
5580.44 KB
Nat
02.04.14 08:44:36
To: peter@tmhpl.com.au

Dear user,

To analyse the problem we need your source files, used in the project.

Please upload them to our FTP server, I send the instructions on how to do it via AVS Support System.

Kind regards
15.07.14 11:05:41
I am having the same problem as described in this post.

Was there a solution?
Nat
16.07.14 12:31:05
To: 99endre

Dear user,

Please try to provide some additional information about the problem you use:
- specify the exact version of AVS Video Editor you use,
- describe your actions step by step and specify the moment the problem occurs,
- specify the format and origin of the file you need to edit,
- attach your PC configuration.

Kind regards
08.03.16 14:13:42
Im experiencing the same problem
AVS Video Editor does not rendering whole project - just quickly produces corrupted small (11kb) file.

It happens when Im using HD source material from HD action camera SJCAM

Any help please
10.03.16 10:06:42
To: tomektowski

Hello,

To avoid the problem please completely uninstall AVS4YOU software from your PC. Instructions below:

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it.

3. Download the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website. Now install the software on your PC anew.

Try to provide some additional information about the error:

- describe your actions step by step;
- specify the format of the file you are trying to edit;
- specify to which format you convert and which presets you select.

Best regards.
20.03.16 01:30:46
I am experiencing this issue as well. I have submitted a ticket through support and to this point beginning March 2. I have reproduce the failing on multiple OSs (win 7, 8 and 10). In addition I have ran your patching utility and still realize the failure. Here is the lates communication I sent to support:

This time I have unistalled the video editor, reinstalled and ran your ActiveX repair utility. I still get the same result.

The project I am creating is super simple, I have about 30 seconds of balloon callouts for a title and then go to about a 1.5 minute video clip. This video was captured from a Sena 10c helmet camera. The format in which it is saved is .mov

Once I click produce I receive the window as if it is rendering, it appears that the title (text) renders then when I get to the actual video footage, your software plays the finished sound and there is nothing that was rendered. This is the same in all formats I have attempted to render to.

I have also attempted to just render the video without the title and that fails as well. So my conclusion is that either your software is failing due to a format that it does not like (although I can preview it fine) or there is a bug altogether with the software.

Would you be able to recommend as software suite that I could use to fill the simple needs I have?

I have made MANY attempts to get an update for this issue and all I get after a few days is an apology for the delay of over 48 hours as there must have been an issue with your server.

Could I either get resolution on this or get a recommendation for a product that works?

Thank you
20.03.16 01:33:00

I am experiencing the same issue. Here is the next canned step for when the last reply fails:

Dear Kevin,

In order to solve this problem please repair AVS files:

1. Close all AVS programs and other running applications.

2. Copy the following link to the address bar of My computer window and press <Enter>:

If you run 32bit PC: %COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe

If you run 64bit PC: %COMMONPROGRAMFILES(x86)%\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe

If some of the .dlls are not registered, please make a screenshot of the Repair window showing those files and send it to us.

Try to provide some additional information about the error:

- describe your actions step by step;

- specify the format of the file you are trying to convert;

- specify to which format you convert and which presets you select;

- attach a screenshot of your PC configuration: right-click My Computer, choose Properties, make a screenshot of the General tab.

Best regards.
20.03.16 01:34:59

When that step fails, you could try this....

Dear Kevin,

Please accept our sincere apologies for such a delayed answer. Normally we provide our support service within 48 hours, but this time there has been a delay due to some technical problems on our server.

To avoid the problem we would ask you to launch the attached utility on your PC.

1. Save the attached .zip file on your PC and dearchive it.
2. Close all running AVS applications and launch the utility.
3. Follow the instructions given.

Please let us know about the results.

Best regards.

This did not wok either
20.03.16 01:37:19

Finally I got this response:

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for the information and cooperation.

There may be a problem in our software.

To fix this problem we need one of your source files (the one you are trying to convert). It will allow us to reproduce and analyze the error.

Please upload it to our FTP server.

Still no resolution, although it has only been a few days since I uploaded the files. I am sure I will receive a canned email reply soon with an apology.

Hopefully you can try the steps I outlined and it saves you a couple of weeks of screwing around attempting to get support.
Nat
21.03.16 08:04:31
To: skidog

Dear user,

You have been assisted in AVS4YOU support system.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  265