AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
26.11.12 13:58:27
Tried to find this or similar problem, but didn't really see it (or maybe my search skills are bad).

Anyhow, I am doing a project with several overlays (like 5 of them) and having a problem where when playing the preview/exporting and having fade-ins on the overlays the first frame of the overlay flashes before the fade-in begins. So if, for example, I had a standard fade it wouldn't go like 123456789, but rather be like 9123456789 - it's like the beginning of the fade gets shifted a frame forward, rather annoying. Also - this happens randomly to random overlays, not sure what triggers this.

Besides that - have to add a +1 to the often mentioned suggestion of having Effects on overlays and also add a suggestion for zoom (or at least free pan) for the overlay adjustment screen. Adjusting precise movement paths at less than 1:1 zoom is rather hard.

PS. Is there a changelog of what's changed in all the new versions that came out on the 21st? Is it just Windows 8 compatiblity?
Administrator
29.11.12 11:15:17
To: Somebody

Hello,

Somebody:
Anyhow, I am doing a project with several overlays (like 5 of them) and having a problem where when playing the preview/exporting and having fade-ins on the overlays the first frame of the overlay flashes before the fade-in begins.

We would like to ask you to provide some additional information on the issue:
- please specify, whether the issue persists, when you try to play the video with overlay frame by frame on Preview of AVS VideoEditor;
- specify whether the issue persists in the output file.

Somebody:
Besides that - have to add a +1 to the often mentioned suggestion of having Effects on overlays and also add a suggestion for zoom (or at least free pan) for the overlay adjustment screen. Adjusting precise movement paths at less than 1:1 zoom is rather hard.

Thank you for the suggestion. We have taken it into consideration.
Somebody:
PS. Is there a changelog of what's changed in all the new versions that came out on the 21st? Is it just Windows 8 compatiblity?

You can check the information about the update here:
http://forum.avs4you.com/posts.aspx?lng=ENG&t=4662

Best regards
29.11.12 13:25:22
To: Esther

When I was having the issue it would be present in the following situations:
When mouse-dragging the time slider,
When Keyboard key moving the time slider,
When pressing play (Space) for preview,
In the Produce preview window,
In the final exported animation.

The greatest problem is that these occurances (seemingly) weren't related, that is it could appear in the preview, but not in the exported file or not appear in the preview and appear in the exported file (and exported file preview).

By doing some more testing it seems like I may be getting closer to the root of the problem - it seems like when you click a different overlay it shows the preview of the last moment at which you were editing this overlay until you move the time slider. When you move the time slider the preview frame becomes the overlay without any fade-in effect. And for some reason this behavior can somehow transfer to the export preview and the exported file.

I have recorded a video of this repeatedly happening and will try to attach it as well. Seems to have worked - so you can see dragging the time slider, moving it with keys, playing the preview - most of the time the last viewed frame from that overlay flashes before the fade-in.

I guess the main question is if this is planned behavour - it seems to make sense to show a fully visible overlay when you click it and show the fades only when in motion, but less so when the two mix together.

PS. The Screen recorder is very neat, really helps to be able to show a problem, but it could use lossless compression and it doesn't produce any video when trying to record small regions (like 200x100px or 100x100px). Also sometimes crashes when trying to record a small region.
Attached files:
4130.11 KB
04.12.12 07:51:32

Hello again - any suggestions on this? The problem keeps on showing up. For now I have found a workaround - moving the overlay to a different Overlay Line seems to help - it doesn't flash until the project is opened again.
Administrator
04.12.12 14:31:05

Hello,

Unfortunately we haven't manage to reproduce the issue yet.
We will inform you on further testing results.

Meanwhile could you please specify whether the issue repeats when you move the overlay to a different overlay line, close the project and reopen it.

Best regards
19.12.12 14:25:31

I have been working with video some more and this keeps on happening. With nearly every overlay if a fade-in is used the first frame of the fade-in flashes at full opacity. Size and rotation isn't affected, so, if I'm having an overlay start small and scale to a larger size it would flash at the small beginning size and then fade in a sit should.

This also happens in the preview - it flashes for the first time, then if I move the time slider it behaves properly, but the exported file still has the problem.
Nat
21.12.12 04:05:43

Dear User,
We are sorry to inform you that for now the problem has not been fixed.

The problem is being delt with at our development team.

Meanwhile could you please specify whether the issue repeats when you move the overlay to a different overlay line, close the project and reopen it.

Best regards
10.10.19 19:34:19
I've had the same problem. It's a software issue. If you double click the file on the overlay line, you'll see that it defaults every time (even if you change it) to .04 seconds, meaning the picture appears for that amount of time on screen before the fade begins. It's a bug that needs to be corrected by AVS.
18.10.19 10:55:29
To: davylightning

Hello,

We are sorry to inform you that for now the problem has not been fixed.
The issue is forwarded to our developers.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  580