AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
10.10.12 17:17:48
Hello:

Using Video Editor 6.2

For some reason when I am trying to add basic transitions to my video clips (like I have done many times without issues in the past?) it is not retaining the 2 second or so duration I have as my preset duration time in the settings?

As I start to add them they are getting to be different times than than the preset time or a smaller duration time? Eventually I get a 'INFO' box that appears and states "Can't add transition. The previous transition might be too long and takes all the time duration?

How can this be if I preset all of my transitions to 2 seconds?? I tried to add them Manually or apply to all and no difference?

Confused...? Please HELP ASAP !!!!

Mark
Administrator
11.10.12 10:24:24
To: goaliemaskmark

Hello,

We have contacted you in Online Support System:
http://support.avs4you.com/Support.aspx

Best regards
11.10.12 13:15:10
To: Esther

Uninstalling the program seems to be the LAST resort and always seems be be what you people suggest?

Aren't there other tries or fixes before the last ditch effort like a complete UNinstall???
Administrator
12.10.12 10:34:50
To: goaliemaskmark

Hello,

We have contacted you in Online Support System:
http://support.avs4you.com/Support.aspx

Best regards
SBV
04.03.13 23:30:53
I'm having issues with the transition times too. I've trying to put some transitions in between some images and the time keeps changing. If I put it to 5 seconds, it changes it to 2 seconds or 0.999 seconds. It won't seem to go higher than 2.99 seconds. Some transitions are faster than others, like it will do one slow one at 2 seconds or 2.999 then one fast one at 0.999, so the video does not look consistent.

I have version 6.2.

I also don't really want to uninstall and then reinstall if I can help it.

Also - I had a problem signing in to this forum. I couldn't remember my password so clicked 'forgot password'. Then it asked me for my email address and I put it in and it said no such user with that email address. So then I went to sign up with the same email address and it said there's already a user with it! So which is it!? LOL. I have now registered again with a different email address, butnow hope I don't forget this password. LOL.
SBV
04.03.13 23:45:37
Update - I've changed all the 2.999 times to 2.00 and now they seem to all be at the same speed. I'm guessing maybe the transitions can't go over 2 seconds in length.
Nat
06.03.13 04:53:22
To: SBV

Dear user,

Transition speed depends on its duration: the longer the duration of the transition, the lower the transition speed.

SBV:
I've trying to put some transitions in between some images and the time keeps changing

The transition duration depends on the duration of the video (image) files to which the transtion applies to. Transition itself is a gradual image overlay of the second image over the first one. Thus the longest transition duration can be equal to shortest video (image) files the transition applies to.

SBV:
It won't seem to go higher than 2.99 seconds.

That means the image files you apply the transitions to are no longer than 3 seconds, if you change the duration of the images before and after the transition to 5 seconds, the transition can be set up to 4.999 seconds, etc.

Try to retrieve your password in AVS Suport System, it is the same as fior forum.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.

Kind regards
15.04.13 22:56:09
I have 5 items (Version 6.3)

1. a png image (duration 3 seconds)
2. a 7.5 sec. video
3. a 1.5 min video.
4. a 1.5 min video
5. a 30 sec video

When I play the project w/out transitions, e/thing flows perfectly.

When I add trandsitions, #2 starts to play before #1's three seconds have comleted.

the 7.5 [/B]second video is "interrupted" at 7 seconds by (3) the 1.5 min video/...

when I try to increase the duratiion of the transitions, they default back to either 01 or 02s econds....never had this happoen until thiswek. Nothing has changed.

Thoughts?
Attached files:
377.15 KB
15.04.13 23:00:04
I added a file in error...the robert file is the one in question w/the tansitions
Nat
17.04.13 07:05:05
To: peterv43

Dear Peter,

Unfortunately your project file has not been attached correctly, so we can not open it.

peterv43:
When I add trandsitions, #2 starts to play before #1's three seconds have comleted.

Please specify the way you added the transition, could you try to delete the transition, place the videos on there place, then switch to Storyboards view - then add the transition. Inform about the result.

peterv43:
the 7.5 [/B]second video is "interrupted" at 7 seconds by (3) the 1.5 min video/..

If you add the transition between videos, the videos are overlayed the second over the first for the transition duration and thus the duration of both video reduce.
In your case the transition is 5 seconds, that is why the second video is interruptes 5 seconds before it actually ends, is that so?

peterv43:
when I try to increase the duratiion of the transitions, they default back to either 01 or 02s econds

Transition duration changes to the minial time of one of the video files for which the transition is used for.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
18.04.13 22:08:10
To: Nat

thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

I believe when I first started using AVS, an earlier version, I did not have this problem.

I started a project from scratch, and followed your suggestions, putting all the clips in the timeline, and then moving to the storyboard to add the transitions. This did not help.

What completely baffles me is why transition reduces the length of the clip before it. This would mean, that in creating a movie that everybody, when they finished speaking, have to just sit and look at the camera for example, for an another 3, four or five seconds so that the following transition can take place without truncating the previous clip. This does not make sense to me.

Why doesn't the transition itself, just the chance to show, the action and movement of the transition. Take the time it needs, e.g., one second to second 3 seconds… without taking time from the previous clip or from the following clip? Why can't a "page turner" takes 3 seconds to turn without taking time from the last seconds of the previous clip and without taking time from the next clip?

I admit I don't understand the mathematical calculations but it seems to me that the software could be programmed so that the transition takes as much time as it takes without impinging upon the clip before it or the clip after it.

Thank you for taking the time. I really, really loved AVS when I bought it a year ago and use the transitions with no problems. But, something has changed and I'm very disappointed.

Again, I appreciate your time.
Nat
19.04.13 07:42:33

Dear Peter,
peterv43:
This did not help.

Specify if the problem is in the video file duration after applying the transition, or there is still any other problems?

peterv43:
What completely baffles me is why transition reduces the length of the clip before it

Transition is not a media file, what is does is just make a slow passage from one clip to another, thus at the time of transition both video clips are shown on the preview, but both are shown partially, that is why you get the illusion that a part of the video is cut, actually it is not.
You can place a color frame after and before transition from the Backgrounds folder.

Kind regards
19.04.13 15:47:16

what type of file do I uplpoad?
AVI or othe published file?
the AVS file I get when I save a project?
or???
Thank you
19.04.13 15:54:14

attachcing a file; do you need the individual clips?
Attached files:
19.04.13 15:56:21
to NAT

attachcing a file; do you need the individual clips?
Nat
22.04.13 06:58:39

Dear user,
Unfortunately your project files have not been attached correctly, so we can not open it.

We need your project files and the video clips where the transition is applied (original source files). I will send you the instructions how to upload them to our FTP server using AVS Support System.

Please note! Transition is not a media file, what is does is just make a slow passage from one clip to another, thus at the time of transition both video clips are shown on the preview, but both are shown partially, that is why you get the illusion that a part of the video is cut, actually it is not. If the video clips time is reduced on the transition duration, it is natural and we do not need the files.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
21.04.13 15:31:35
I used 3 cameras to film a concert.

I spliced up the videos from the 3 cameras and timed them all so they sync to an audio file (an audio recording which I added to an audio track).

Now, to finish up, I just want to add smooth transitions, but as soon as I do, the timing of the videos changes. It takes time away from each clip, so the concert is no longer synced to the audio.

This is very annoying. How can I add transitions while maintaining the timing and integrity of the videos which I painstakingly spliced and timed up to the audio?

To make it clearer I have attached a photo, showing before and after transition is added.

THANK YOU for any help.
Vern
Attached files:
Nat
22.04.13 07:06:21
To: genedna

Dear user,

If you add the transition between videos, the videos are overlayed the second over the first for the transition duration and thus the duration of both video reduce.

Transition is not a media file, what is does is just make a slow passage from one clip to another, thus at the time of transition both video clips are shown on the preview, but both are shown partially, that is why you get the illusion that a part of the video is cut, actually it is not.

Kind regards
22.04.13 09:47:38

Hi, so the answer is, bad luck, you can't keep the work you did.

Maybe a feature for AVS in the future? so much hard work to make videos synch up. I know it's a basic program at a low cost, but probably forced to buy another package in light of the short comings.

THANKS,
Vern
22.04.13 18:32:43

I published the clips and the truncation of the first video still exists...and the voice of the second can be heard over the voice of the first with the transition. No difference between the preview and the published version.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  106