AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
02.08.12 06:56:37
Please accept my sincere gratitude in advance for your help. If this has been discussed in detail, please link to the appropriate thread as I cannot find it.

Is there an iMovie compatible output from AVS Remaker? My customers want the ability to edit their DVD home videos in iMovie. My preference would certainly be to convert a single time in AVS Video Remaker, but iMovie will not import the MPG files created in Remaker. My temporary solution has been to convert all my Remaker MPGs over to MP4 (using Handbrake) which is a very time-consuming process. The reason for the initial MPG conversion is to get all the movies on my hard drive quickly so the MP4 conversion can be done overnight in a batch queue.

If someone has access to a Mac, I'd really appreciate if you could test out a few short clips in different Remaker output formats and see if any will import directly into iMovie for editing. A lot of Mac users don't even know how to play an MPG without telling them to download VLC or something.

Thank you so much.
Lex
Administrator
02.08.12 09:34:26
To: legohead

Hello,

You can try to use AVS Video Editor to edit the files and save them to MP4 format.

Best regards.
02.08.12 09:53:14
To: Lex

Lex, you did not address my question at all. I was very clear and specific as to what my problem is. I know how to convert to MP4. I want to avoid the slow conversion to MP4 and was hoping one of the available outputs in Video Remaker would be compatible with iMovie. Video Remaker is a lot faster in creating a file than converting to MP4. I just don't have a Mac to test all the options. Please read the question more carefully.
Lex
Administrator
03.08.12 08:48:17
To: legohead

Hello,

Please note, AVS Video Remaker is not able to chnage video format. It is an easy and quick way to cut unwanted scenes out of your movie without any need to re-encode the file. So, AVS Video Remaker won't allow me to convert video to mp4 from DVD or MPEG.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  10