AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
12.07.12 20:12:38
I recently purchased a DXG-5F9V HD 3D camcorder which comes supplied with the ArcSoft TotalMedia HDCam software. DXG must assume that anyone who buys their 5F9V 3D camcorder must already own a 3D HDTV because the supplied software makes no provision for converting the side by side 3D video clips into red/cyan anaglyphic video clips. Something, I assume, that most people would want to do until they can afford to buy a 3D HDTV.

I already own the Aiptek i2 3D camcorder which comes supplied with essentially the same ArcSoft software. However, this software does provide for converting the side by side clips into the red/cyan anaglyphs, but leaving the side by side clips intact for use with a 3D HDTV. BUT, neither one of these programs will work the conversion with the DXG-5F9V HD 3D camcorder.

I must assume that there are other 3D camcorders that that are marketed that way. Completely ignoring consumers that do not yet have a 3D HDTV.

What is needed is for AVS4YOU to bring out software that will perform the conversion of a side by side 3D file into a red/cyan anaglyph file.

If this is not possible, and I can find no reason why it would not be possible, then AVS4YOU should find out who does have such software and then inform their subscribers about how to obtain that software.
Administrator
13.07.12 09:14:55
To: ChrisMohrSr

Hello,

Unfortunately side by side feature and 3D video are not available in our software. We've passed all your observations to our developers.

Best regards.
13.07.12 21:03:22
To: Morestel

+1 on this. I hope this gets developed.
Administrator
16.07.12 10:16:12
To: mithcd

Hello,

Usually we publish the announcements of the new versions in News / Announcements topics.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  23