AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
26.04.12 15:19:36
I'm new to video editing having just bought/subscripted to avs4you yesterday. So, forgive me if this question is an obvious one.

I am trying to overlay scrolling text on my video in which a line of text scrolls to the top of screen, stops, and does not fade out. A second line of text then appears (at the bottom) and scrolls to just beneath the first line, stops, and does not fade away. In due time, I will have 5 lines of text displayed. After about 30 seconds, all five lines fade away and a new set of 5 lines of text repeat the same actions.

Achieving the scrolling behavior is simple -- just select the desired behavior from the Text Animation choices in the Text Editor menu. But... where is the choice that doesn't fade the text?

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Michael
26.04.12 15:36:06
To: mtp1032

Well, I appeared to have come up with one answer: use the text duration property to control what/when the text disappears. This seems to be a perfectly reasonable solution, but if there is a different more efficient one, I hope you'll let me know.

M
Lex
Administrator
27.04.12 08:30:56
To: mtp1032

Hello,

The method you applied is only efficent solution. .*SUPER*

Best regards.
19.12.15 15:36:44
To: Lex
But that doesnt answer the question on if he can make scrolling text. only that it fades away when he extends the duration. Is it possible to create Moving text. EXAMPLE: Text following an image or moving to another section after an image appears. Or is there a possibility it can be added? I enjoyed making comics with another video editing software that allowed me to move the text around at my leisure but i havent been able to find that setting now
Administrator
21.12.15 06:41:11
To: Sheepkeita

Hi!

Make sure you use the latest versions of AVS Software. Follow these instructions to upgrade, if necessary.

As for the text, here are the steps to add text to your video. You may modify its position as you need.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  31