AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
04.10.11 00:02:49
I have the unlimited sub with AVS Video Editor and have been very happy with it, however, for some reason, the Hauppage HD PVR, when I try to record footage from my Xbox 360 does not work with it.

I click "Record from Camera" and after it loads up, at the top of the screen it says "Hauppage HD PVR", meaning that it recognizes the device.

However where it should be showng the screen it shows nothing but either all white or all black, not my 360 footage. Its not the PVR because it works fine with recording from a different editor.

Sometimes it says something like "Device not working" or something like that although it works fne with others.

So then I try recording a clip although it shows nothing on the screen and after it capture the footage of nothing and click "Close" when it takes me back to the Editing screen it names the file and says "File Format error".

So why isn't the Hauppage working with AVS Video Recorder?

Also I can't record from the other editor because its editing is not very good. Also I can't import it because apparently AVS Video Editor isn't very friendly with clips from that editor,its makes the clips I import laggy, NOT on the preview know all about the caching thing I mean in the final video AVS makes them laggy.

I also tried AVS Support and got a reply but this person was saying I needed to dump and log fles then send it to AVS or something like that with a lost of very complcated steps. So I could'nt do anything.

So how do I get the hauppage to work with the Recorder? I am in desparate need of help.
04.10.11 14:50:24
To: Nova Spartan X

Hello,

I'm sorry, but it seems that the device is not supported by our program. We need at least logs from you. Please run C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\AVSVideoRecorder_LOG.bat, it will launch AVS Video Recorder and create log files. Repeat the probelm in AVS Video Recorder and then close the application. After you close the program, the folder with log files will automatically appear. Please copy log files to a folder, compress the folder to zip archive and attach to your message.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.
04.10.11 17:31:32
Vlad:

Hello,

I'm sorry, but it seems that the device is not supported by our program. We need at least logs from you. Please run C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\AVSVideoRecorder_LOG.bat, it will launch AVS Video Recorder and create log files. Repeat the probelm in AVS Video Recorder and then close the application. After you close the program, the folder with log files will automatically appear. Please copy log files to a folder, compress the folder to zip archive and attach to your message.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.
Thanks but you see this is the part where I get confused. I don't know where to find "C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\AVSVideoRecorder_LOG.bat".

I am very stupid when it comes to these things.
05.10.11 08:20:28
Nova Spartan X:
I don't know where to find "C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\AVSVideoRecorder_LOG.bat".

You can find it via windows explorer. Open My Computer and follow local disc C:, on local disc C: find the folder Program Files, in the folder Program Files find the folder AVS4YOU and so on.
05.10.11 17:08:54
Vlad:
Nova Spartan X:
I don't know where to find "C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\AVSVideoRecorder_LOG.bat".

You can find it via windows explorer. Open My Computer and follow local disc C:, on local disc C: find the folder Program Files, in the folder Program Files find the folder AVS4YOU and so on.

So I found the "C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\AVSVideoRecorder_LOG.bat".

Now explain what do from there please.

When I click it t brings up the log obviously and then the video recorder. Do I try recording something?

Im going to need simple step by step instructons.

Im really sorry I don't understand how to do some of this stuff.
08.10.11 01:03:08
Yes! I did it.

Sorry it took me so long.

Did I do it correctly?
Attached files:
09.10.11 10:39:08

Hello,

Thank you for the logs, You did it correctly. I will forward them to our developes. They will analyze the problem and I will let you know about the results.

Best regards.
09.10.11 16:30:01
Vlad:

Hello,

Thank you for the logs, You did it correctly. I will forward them to our developes. They will analyze the problem and I will let you know about the results.

Best regards.

Thanks man!
22.10.11 18:06:09
How is the analyzing going? Its been over a week...

Im not being impatient im just curious.
25.10.11 16:26:18

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

Unfortunately, we could not identify the reason of the problem by logs, therefore we need dump file from you. Could you please create it per instructions which were provided to you earlier?

Best regards.
26.10.11 14:47:17
Nova Spartan X:

Strange, I try downloading the file I was sent but then it comes up with the name of the fle and says "...could not be downloaded".

Im guessing I need to unzip it? I don't know how to do that...
26.10.11 14:48:06
Nova Spartan X:
Nova Spartan X:

Strange, I try downloading the file I was sent but then it comes up with the name of the fle and says "...could not be downloaded".

Im guessing I need to unzip it? I don't know how to do that...
Err...I didn't mean to quote myself in the last post...
26.10.11 15:18:13

I'm repeating the instructions for creating dump file and also re-attaching necessary AVSCoreCaptureAVInput_test_dump.dll in zip archive. It should be possible to unzip it in windows (right-clik on zip archive>Extract All in the context menu).

1. Please find the AVSCoreCaptureAVInput.dll file in the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX

2. Move this file to another folder on your PC (so that you can restore it after the test).

3. Unzip the AVSCoreCaptureAVInput_test_dump.dll file attached to this message and save it to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX

4. Repair AVS files: follow Start > All Programs> AVS4YOU> Repair.

5. Start AVS Video Recorder. After several seconds please close the program.

6. The dump file avs_avinput.ts will be located in the following folder:

- for Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\

- for Windows Vista and Windows 7:
C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\

7. After you've finished the test, please delete the test AVSCoreCaptureAVInput_test_dump.dll file from C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ AVSMedia \ ActiveX and return the AVSCoreCaptureAVInput.dll into the mentioned folder. Repair the files once again.

Please attach dump file to your message in zip archive.
16.11.11 17:35:21
Its not working...strange...

Anyway, sorry for not replying lately, but you see the whole reason I wanted to be able to record from AVS Video Recorder is because of a different problem.

You see, for some reason, when im importing my clips from "Total Media Extreme 2" I can't seem to edit with that editor so thats when I got AVS Video Editor.

But then after awhile of use of AVS Video Editor for some odd reason the clips I import become laggy, and I DON'T mean in the preview. I know all about the caching.

In the final video, the video has become a bit blurred and laggy compared to what it would have been if I uploaded it unedited from "Total Media Extreme 2".

So I was thinking it had to do with importing so I thought if I can get it to record from this recorder it won't be lke that seeing how I am recording from a more familiar area. But now I don't think it will work.

I have 2 videos to compare.

Watch these both in 720p so you can see.

This is what it looks like when not imported to AVS Video Editor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TLkDaaG0PY

This is what it looks like after being put on AVS Video Editor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_zkdvpLw1g

Im not sure f you will be able to notice the difference depending on whether or not you see video game gameplay frequently but there is a difference and I don't know what to do. Is there any way I can fix this?
17.11.11 10:08:39

Hello,

We are sorry that dump file creation is not working. Please attach new log files, so that we could see what is wrong with it.

As for editing clips from Total Media Extreme 2 in AVS Video Editor, unfortunately, we have not noticed the difference between two examples. I can advise you to check properties of your source video file, notice its frame rate and bitrate and set the same for output in Advanced option of AVS Video Editor when produce video to file, see the details here To see properties of imported file, click it right mouse button in Media Library and choose Properties in the context menu.

I hope it helps.

Best regards.
17.11.11 22:56:52
Alright, ill try that.

If I make the 2 videos just files instead of uploading them to Youtube and post them here...would you be able to look at the framerate and bitrate of them?

Like say attach the 2 files, would you be able to look at the properties of them and check the frame and bit rates?

Ill try looking at the properties right now.

Thanks.
18.11.11 20:18:00

It would be better to have the screenshots of files properties:-)
19.11.11 02:36:01
To: Vlad
Im supposed to look for the properties of Total Media Extreme 2? I may have found it, I attached a snapshot of it in this message but I don't think thats it though. What I got it from is from the editor TME2 has. The one I don't use, its not the clip itselfs properties.

I found the properties on the AVS options after pressing produce I just can't find it on the other one.

But, the quality of the vid gets laggy the second I import it after it caches. It doesn't start after I produce it, it starts when I import it.

It doesn't mess up if I don't import it to AVS at all, but then I can't edit it.

I also tried setting the "Produce" options to what it was in the snapshot I attached but it didn't seem to help.
Attached files:
20.11.11 02:08:13
Great news! I can't believe I didn't notce this, the property changes DID in fact work, however, that small bit of blurriness is still present.

See for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxXaGJinaXw (In 720P of course)

What could it being blurry be caused by?

Thank you so much for your help so far man, its finally almost fixed. I was about to give up too.
21.11.11 13:31:02

Great!

To avoid blurriness try adjusting contrast in Color settings of AVS Video Editor.

Regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  53