AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
01.08.11 20:58:58
I just purchased the AVS Vid Converter and played with it all weekend. I am on an HP Pavillion, Win 7, 64 bit, 8GB Ram machine, made for multimedia stuff.

I am shooting video on a Drift HD Helmet Cam which produces .MOV files that are 1920x1080 HD, 12276kbps, 29fps. I have attempted to use this software to cut and convert these into a few different formats including .WMV and have tried selecting "HD Video 1080p: WMV 9, 9000 kbps; Audio: WMA Pro, 384 kbps". I have also tried this same setting but making it "custom" by changing the kbps rate. No matter what I do, the converted video comes out choppy and absolutely terrible compared to the original .MOV file. Completly unusable. I have looked through help and forums and can't figue out what I'm doing wrong here.

Are my videos in HD too big for this program? What else could I be missing? I admit I'm pretty new to all this but farily technical and the program is intuitive so I'm not sure why the outcome of these converted files is so bad. Any help/guidance anyone can offer would be great.
03.08.11 04:43:41
To: GANT

Hello,

There seems to be a problem in our program converting certain mov files from Drift HD Helmet Cam. First of all please make sure that you have the latest version AVS Video Converter 8.0. which is avaliable on our website www.avs4you.com.

If it does not help, we need your file to work with it. Please upload the file to our FTP-server, the instructions will be given to you in our support system.

Best regards.
03.08.11 07:46:23
Vlad:

Hello,

There seems to be a problem in our program converting certain mov files from Drift HD Helmet Cam. First of all please make sure that you have the latest version AVS Video Converter 8.0. which is avaliable on our website www.avs4you.com.

If it does not help, we need your file to work with it. Please upload the file to our FTP-server, the instructions will be given to you in our support system.

Best regards.

Thank you. I very much appreciate the support you guys offer. That is not what I've found with other video products I have tried.

I have updated my conversion software to version 8. I am having the same issue converting .MOV to same quality .WMV. The end product is extremely poor, jerky, etc. In addition, the conversion process from .MOV to .WMV is extremely slow considering the file size.

But, I will say that I have been able to convert and cut/convert from .MOV to .MOV and those come out perfect and also convert really quick in comparison to my .WMV attemps...even the full files convert quickly .MOV to .MOV. So, that helps me as I can now cut videos. Still though, I was hoping to be able to cut these and have a same-quality .WMV file at the end.

I have uploaded a raw Drift HD .MOV sample video to your server just now and named it as you suggested. I also have the converted version that is jerky and unusable but I did not upload that one. Thank you for taking a look at it and let me know what you find.

Again, I appreciate your help and support on this.
03.08.11 17:46:19

Also, I tried these Drift HD raw videos in your Video EDITING software as well and upon producing/rendering they did the same thing...the end video was choppy and not useable despite rendering it with the proper HD 1080p settings. Please let me know what you find and I will watch the forum. I know you offer a 30 day money back guarantee so we will see. I like the product overall and thank you for your support but I don't know if this is going to work with my Drift HD footage.
08.08.11 05:32:18

Hello,

Thanks for uploading the file. I've forwarded it to our developers. They will analize it and try to fix. As soon as their answer is ready. I will notify you at once.

Best regards.
12.08.11 16:43:23
To: Vlad

Okay, thank you. I am debating on what to do as I know I have 30 days money back guarantee. I do like that I can trim and convert .MOV to .MOV so that is valuable to me even if I can't render it in a windows format. Hmmm? I'll play with it more and decide. Thanks for all your help.
Lex
Administrator
16.08.11 11:23:36

Hello,

We have tested your file.In order to solve the issue please install the latest version of AVS Video Converter 8.0.4.495:
http://download.avs4you.net/distributives/AVSVideoConverter.exe

Please also try to change the bitrate ( follow Advanced > Bitrate ) to 15000.

Please inform us about result.

Best regards.
10.02.16 14:13:08
Dear,

I'm having the same problem.
Both program's do not support 1080p .MOV files from my SJ4000 Cam.

I'm using the following programs.
AVS Video Convertor 9.0
AVS Video Editor 7.1

Video Editor:
I'm able to import them and see the preview, but I'm unable to export (produce) the movie. No problems with 720p MOV files

Video Convertor:
I'm unable to convert 1080p MOV files...

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Regards
Nat
11.02.16 07:58:29
To: mika

Dear user,

Please try to provide some additional information about the issue, so we could assist you:
- describe your actions step by step,
- specify the moment the problem occurs,
- attach the screenshot of the error message if you get any.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
12.02.16 07:45:03
To: Nat

Dear,

Below you can find the summary of the problems I experienced.

I made a New Project in Video editor. Timeline lenght is 5:43, consists of 720p MOV files, and 1 1080p MOV file at the end of the movie.

Timeline:
0:00 -> 5:23 = all 720p movies
5:23 -> 5:43 => one 1080p movie

So far no problems, everything visible in the preview screen.

When I try to 'produce' the movie to mp4. it's only 5:23 long, while it should be 5:43.
No matter which extension of settnig I used, the last part of the movie was never rendered.

So then I figured the MOV file might be damaged and I took a new 1080p MOV and put it in a new AVS editing project. Same result: The rendering immediately said "finished" with a result of an exported movie file of 0:00 lenght. (Also tried different extensions and settings)

With no further options I put the original 1080p MOV files in AVS Video Convertor te reduce it to 720p. But, it wasn't even able to covert them... Same result, the converted files had 0:00 lenght.

My conslusion to all this above is that AVS does not support 1080p MOV files, with the standard videosettings of my SJCAM4000.

I tried other Video Editing software and there aren't any problems. Nonetheless, I like AVS the most, it's very user friendly, so I'd like to keep on using it.

If you want I can send you a short 1080p MOV taken with my SJCAM camera. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for your support,
Best Regards
Nat
12.02.16 11:18:57
To: mika

Dear user,

To avoid the problem please completely uninstall all AVS4YOU software traces from your PC following the instructions below:

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it.

3. Download and install the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website.

Try to use AVS Video Editor once again and inform about the result.

Kind regards
05.06.16 11:11:52
To: Nat

Hi Nat,

I'm having a similar problem with HD .mov files from an SJ4000 headcam. I see some users of similar cameras have the same issue.

I've followed your instructions above and can preview and edit the file, however the problem remains : When i press the 'convert now' button, it immediately tells me that the conversion is complete. The file size (an avi) is around 10kb
Nat
07.06.16 07:28:22
To: dubdee1000

Dear user,

Please try to repair AVS files:

1. Close all AVS programs and other running applications.
2. Copy the following link to the address bar of My computer window and press <Enter>:

If you run 32bit PC: %COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe
If you run 64bit PC: %COMMONPROGRAMFILES(x86)%\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe

If some of the .dlls are not registered, please make a screenshot of the Repair window showing those files and send it to us.

Can you playback the input file on any of your PC players without any problems?

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  420