AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
16.07.11 15:52:26
when using any avs program, after importing a file my computer freezes with the busy icon flashing and the only way I can stop is to use task manager and close the program. I have the required computer setup ( I think). Have sent complaint to avs, no reply. I have attached my computer stats.
Can anyone help?

btw: on support page it says I am talking to Kate but Kate is not there and no way to communicate?????
Attached files:
2473 KB
20.07.11 05:10:09
To: paznbaz

Hello,

Sorry for the late response.

Our support manager Kate has already answered your support request, please try the solution she offered.

If it does not help, please give the details about the problem:

- do you get this problem importing one certain file or any file;
- what is the format, size and location of your files?
- which exact AVS programs do you have?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.
22.07.11 15:18:53
To: Vlad

Hi Vlad
I have tried everything Kate suggested to no avail.
The problem seems to happen with any AVS program within a minute of starting.
I tried with video editor importing mpg files 500 mb, imported fine then froze.
tried video converter, froze shortly after starting. I have tried trial programs some time
ago without any problems.
I have unlimited licence and will use a majority of your programs if and when I can.
Have attached pc stats
regards

p.s. you really need to add to the support list "problems" "post sales"
Attached files:
23.07.11 10:06:33

Hello,

What is the origin of your mpeg files? Do you have this problem opening files of other formats? I would say it is the problem working with certain files as the programs worked on your computer earlier.

Regards.
23.07.11 15:51:50

Hi Vlad
I have tried flv, avi and other formats but the program just hangs. I even tried to import the sample files with same result. Turned security suite off, same result. The file imports to window but then the program freezes. Video converter...same thing. DVD copy works fine. Haven't tried any others yet until this problem is fixed. Heeeelllllllpppppppp!
Regards
Paul
23.07.11 16:38:28
Hi Vlad
Just tried video editor on my other pc which is very old and slow but everything worked fine so it seems to be something in the setup of my computer. I don't want to use them on my old pc as it is too slow so I'll try to find the problem on th newer one.....Any suggestions?
Regards
Paul
25.07.11 07:54:16
paznbaz:
Hi Vlad
it seems to be something in the setup of my computer. Any suggestions?
l

Try updating or reinstalling video adapter and audio card drivers.

If it does not help, we need some additional info:

- do AVS audio programs (audio convert, audio editor) also freeze your computer?
- try working just with small files, just few mb. Does the same problem persist?

Best regards.
25.07.11 19:33:06

Hi Vlad
All fixed. I decided to re-format and start all over, now it looks like everything is working...........wonderful
Thanks
Regards
Paul
25.07.11 23:28:39

That's great news!:-)

I think the issue was in video and audio drivers.
25.10.11 15:02:31
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as "paznbazn" had few months ago.

Tried to get help from support form, but no response so trying here again.

I bought unlimited subscription few days ago, but have troubles with all apps I've tried (media player, video converter, video editor).

I can launch all of them but when any file is imported and the work should start the app don't respond anymore.

After two days of installing, registring, unistalling and registry cleaning (and yes, getting a bit crazy) I've finally found this thread which seemed to be helpful.

So, I tried to update my video and audio drivers, but just got a message I have a newest version for all of them. So I decided to uninstall a driver for my graphics (Intel R HD Graphics Family) and rebooted the ntb. The resolution was terrible, but I was still able to try the app. And yes, Video Convertor suddenly worked.

BUT - graphics adapter with no driver is useless so I downoladed and installed one again (actualy the system did it automatically), then reboot and then - Video Converter again freezing :((

So, it seems that the driver for my graphics adapter makes troubles when working with AVS4YOU apps but have no idea how to deal with it.

Thanks for any suggestion !!!!

David
26.10.11 14:29:20
To: dgallus

Hello David,

Try disabling Intel Media codec in AVS Video Converter>Settings>Processing>Codecs>Intel Media>Disabled in drop down list. After doing this you should restart the program and try converting video once again.

If it does not help, please specify your PC configuration - Operating System, CPU, Ram, Video Card and most important - computer vendor.

Best regards.
26.10.11 14:29:48

Hello David,

Try disabling Intel Media codec in AVS Video Converter>Settings>Processing>Codecs>Intel Media>Disabled in drop down list. After doing this you should restart the program and try converting video once again.

If it does not help, please specify your PC configuration - Operating System, CPU, Ram, Video Card, Computer Vendor.

Best regards.
26.10.11 16:39:40

Dear Vlad,

thank you for the aswer. Unfortunately, this time it was not helpful.

I disabled the intel codec as you recommended, but the app behives in the same way. AVS media player is the same.

I attach my system information, hope it could be helpful.

Thank you for your time,

David
Attached files:
30.10.11 19:00:07

Hello David,

Thank you for system information. It seems that our software has compatibility issue working on your Lenovo laptop. Does it have two video cards?

Regards.
31.10.11 15:46:02

Hello Vlad,

Yes, it does. But even when I tried to use the app with the second one - NVIDA (chose a "launch with NVIDIA graphics" choice), it was probably affected by intel graphics in some way and did not work properly.

Anyway, I had to do my work so I've already used a license cleaner on my laptop to clean all AVS SW information and soon I will send a moneyback request form to you. I hope, in future, I will be a happy user of AVS SW again, because the pack seems to be a very useful tool - if works correctly - but now it's useless for me unfortunately.

Thank you for all your effort, Vlad.

David
03.11.11 07:08:13

Hello David,

Thank you for the details.

We very are sorry about this compatibility problem. I hope we will be able to fix it in future.

Best regards.
07.11.11 21:49:23

This seems to be the same problem I'm having. Yesterday I bought an unlimited subscription. I can't get any of the video routines to work. They all hang at some point. The other routines seem to work fine. I've tried several file formats. AVS Video Converter hangs as soon as I hit the convert button after producing the "Initializing conversion" message. I've run trial versions of the program on another computer so I know what to expect (in fact I've been using an old version of the program for many years on my previous computer). I've tried reloading and played with every video option I can find.

I'm using a brand new Dell 15z with 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel i7-2640M processor, 8G memory, NVIDA GeForce GT525M graphics. Is this a supported configuration? If it is, what should I try? If it's not supported, do you expect the code to be updated & how soon?
09.11.11 13:35:58
gregsalyer:

I'm using a brand new Dell 15z with 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel i7-2640M processor, 8G memory, NVIDA GeForce GT525M graphics. Is this a supported configuration? If it is, what should I try?

Yes, it seems compatibility issue with video card. Try updating drivers for it.
10.11.11 02:22:38

Ok, I've verified that all my drivers are at the lastest level. I've also deactivated background programs. But, I still can't get the video routines to work. Do you have a procedure to isolate the problem?
10.11.11 10:36:59
To: gregsalyer

As far as I know your laptop has two craphic processors - Intel HD Graphics and Nvidia. It should be possible to run AVS Video Converter with certain graphic processor - right click on AVS Video Converter icon>run with graphic processor (or smth like this) and choose Intel HD Graphics. Is it possible on your laptop.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  141