AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
31.01.11 19:27:57
I have been using audio editor to edit the audio for .mov files then saving them as new .mov file with no problems until I installed complete avs package. (Previously I only had Audio editor installed) Then I started to get error message when trying to save .mov file in audio editor. I had to uninstall everything, then reinstalled audio editor only and was able to get audio editor to save the .mov files again. I then tried to reinstall complete avs package again. After complete install for the second time .mov files would not save again telling me unknown error.So I unistalled everything loaded Audio editor only and worked on my .mov files again and I figured I would try the forum before loading avs package again. I tried avs repair also with everything installed with no luck. I would like to have other avs programs to use also, so any input appreciated. The other programs when loaded appear to be working fine, it is just the audio editor problem saving the .mov files.
Al
Support Manager
01.02.11 00:28:46
To: hamson

Hello,
Could you please attach one of the files you are working on. (zipped)
Specify the output settings, your OS, make a screenshot of the error message you receive.
01.02.11 08:06:58
To: Al
Thanks for checking on this. Here is zip file with screenshot (wmv) and .mov file. The Codec mpeg 2/4 audio, channel 2/0 stereo, bitrate 192kbps, sample rate 48000hz, sample size 16bit. I am using Win7pro-64bit. For what it's worth I noticed when doing avs repair, it said cannot load library on avsmobiledevice2activesync.dll and avsshellconverter64.dll There was also alot of activex-com errors shown when using registry cleaner after uninstalling everything and before putting back on audio editor if that helps at all.
Attached files:
23696.91 KB
02.02.11 17:17:24
I have found I can run files through avs video converter and then work on audio in file, and it then saves fine. I never had to do this previously? Today I ran my .mov files through converter saved as a .mov file. The newly produced .mov file worked fine and once I edited the audio there was no problem saving it. I tried loading and unloading software several times. I ran registry cleaner before and after re-boots. Once I installed new package again I could not work on any of my .mov files until conversion. I have a license for avs on my laptop also, with the older avs programs still installed on that one I can edit my files without converting.

I also tried removing all programs one at a time then would try audio editor to see if problem was resolved (after each removal) with no luck. I can still put audio editor on computer by it's self and work with files without converting. For now I have everything loaded...if I have to edit I know I can convert it to do it. I am curious to what the problem may be though.
Al
Support Manager
02.02.11 23:56:59

There is a problem (while saving in Audio Editor) with the file you sent us.
I hope it will be resolved soon.
Could you please specify the source of the mov's you are working on.
ps
You can export audio without reconverting the video files,
following the instructions here
03.02.11 06:14:29
I am using a Kodak Zi8 camera. I have tried both the 1080p and 720p output when trying to save .mov...Neither worked. I have not tried the 720p @ 60fps yet.I hope that helps. If the problem is resolved somehow...where would it be posted? Thank you for instructions in last post. It will be helpful...
Al
Support Manager
03.02.11 06:45:28

Could you please specify the exact settings of conversion (make a screenshot of the program window with "advanced" tab explored where the conversion cpecs are shown)
Do you use latest version of the Video Converter?
03.02.11 16:46:06
To: Al
Here is jpeg screen shot of converter with advanced tab showing. I am using latest version 7.1.2.480 to convert.
Attached files:
Al
Support Manager
04.02.11 00:49:57

I cannot unfortunately reproduce that issue..
Please, try working with one of the default presets such as QT highest available quality (without making any changes in the preset settings)
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  436