AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
29.01.11 06:10:31
Hi! I have recently purchased AVS4YOU suite, but I need to report a problem with Video Remaker v4.0.2.126 that I'm experiencing, or is it a BUG?
I am using video files from my SONY DSC-HX5 camera
in the formats
H.264/AVC, 1280x720, 25fps, MPEG-2/4, 48kHz,2ch [.MP4]
H.264/AVC, 1920x1080, 25fps, AC3 48kHz,2ch [.MTS]

As soon as I ADD FILES (import) to the project, the Transitions icon becomes grayed and I cannot use transitions with these video files.
I can import, play and split these files allright but I just cannot use Transitions. According to your help files there's no explanation for it.
Why is this happening considering these formats are listed as among the accepted ones by AVS VRemaker?
Thanks a lot.
Mário

PS: if needed I can upload one clip in the forementioned formats
Al
Support Manager
31.01.11 05:37:02
To: mario.belo@sapo.pt

It depends on the codec used for the compression.
When AVS Video Remaker cannot decode the video file it will work on a key frames basis.
Transitions are disabled in that mode.
31.01.11 15:46:54
Hi! I received a noreply mail from you from which I gather that apparently you have not fully understood the text in my previous mail. Since mine is a recent purchase of the AVS suite, I am already using the version for VideoRemaker you advise me to download, i.e. 4.0.2.126.
Completing my first report I further add that I am using a computer with both Windows XP-SP3 and Windows 7. And in both O.S. I get the very same behavior from VideoRemaker. No transitions for these file types.

Your message: To: mario.belo@sapo.pt
It depends on the codec used for the compression. When AVS Video Remaker cannot decode the video file it will work on a key frames basis. Transitions are disabled in that mode.~

Adding to the last mentioned files, I also verified that a helmet cam HD170 from Drift Innovation that also makes HD .MOV files, using the same H.264/AVC codec. I cannot use transitions in videoRemaker with those as well. Quite odd indeed, don’t you think? Every other AVS program works fine with all these files (Video Editor, Video Converter, but not Video Remaker).

As you can see via the attached .jpegs both cams (Sony and Drift Innovation) make HD with the H.264/AVC compressor. And as I told you before, when I load the files into VideoRemaker, it plays all of them without any problem; that means it can read all these formats (it has the codec). I can edit, split and move clips. I just cannot use Transitions. Why are they disabled.
I am enclosing, as attachments, samples of the files I’m talking about. Please try and see if they also disable the Transitions at a VideoRemaker installation near you. I am looking forward to hearing from you in this respect, and thus
thank you in advance.
Mário
Attached files:
3234.03 KB
2878.15 KB
Al
Support Manager
01.02.11 00:09:34
To: mario.belo@sapo.pt

Mário,
I regret to inform you that there is no quick solution for that task.
The fact is that current version of AVS Video Remaker cannot add transitions to all video files.
You can do it using AVS Video Editor
01.02.11 09:35:43
Hello again,
thanks for your quick reply.
By drawing your attention to this "glitch" in Video Remaker(VR) I do hope to have contributed for helping you to make this applicatioon yet even a better one.
I'll be checking out for upcoming releases and hopefully this transitions issues will have been solved.
I consider VR a very useful tool indeed, since it allows one to quick edit footage from camera, as is, keeping the source signal quality, without having to use the more powerful, elaborate and not so fast for these purposes, Video Editor, which I think is also a very good application.

I must, nevertheles, reassure you, I am a very pleased user of AVS4You :-)
Regards
Mário
28.10.11 02:15:02
I too, like Mario, have experienced the same "grayed out Transitions button." However, unlike Mario, I am not as amicable about the lame Video ReMaker 4.0. It is inexcusable to deliver such a shoddy piece of half finished software into the market.
I have struggled with the issue of joining my home videos to produce a semi professional home movie using AVS software. I do not ask for much, just the ability to join some MPEGs together with fade in, fade out and a simple fade transition between scenes, while keeping the original quality of my video. Unfortunately after months of trying AVS's various solutions I am at a standstill.
I can categorically state that Video Editor is a sophisticated editing tool with one gaping hole in it. When it re-renders videos, (which it must do,) it does so with horrendous loss of quality. This is evidenced with “buzz saw-like” lines in all the detailed areas of the video. Examples of this are found in the outlines of arms and legs, buildings angled lines, etc. Unfortunately, this despairing issue cannot be overcome. I have tried every conceivable rendering available in the program. I’ve spent hours trying every scenario, even in advanced custom mode, matching all the parameters of my original video, i.e., size, frames per sec., Kpbs etc., nothing works. So…in my humble opinion, Video Editor was created for those who could care less about the quality of their home videos, as long as they can do multiple fancy transitions and stuff.
As for “Video ReMaker,” I prefer 2.4, this is a simple and honest piece of software, and it does not mess with the original quality of my video. However it can only produce raw joins to my videos pieces. You can of course easily trim them so as to make them not quite as raw. But you cannot have fancy, schmancy, transitions as well.
Remaker 4.0 appears to me like someone tried to fix this issue and either dropped the ball or couldn’t make it happen and just put it out there anyway. My question is, if it can’t recognize MPEG 2, AVI, MOV, and a host of other open platform codec’s, what can it join with transitions included?
So…since the support manager’s post #139 is a “regretful” one, (and it may be that at this time there is no good solution to this issue,) we have two choices before us.
1. Use Video Editor with dazzling effects and really crappy quality.
2. User Video ReMaker 2.4 without dazzling effects, but with the pristine quality, your camera maker, intended you to enjoy.
Until something better comes along, I’m sold on option # 2, thank-you-very-much.
Ronnie
31.10.11 11:31:19
To: ronnie_magee@yahoo.com

Hello Ronnie,

Thank you for your feedback, it's very important for us.

I will try to explain the things: For the majority of the files editing can be done based on keyframes only and as far as I can see, your MPEG's are such files.. That is how the editing without re-encoding works. Transitions cannot be applied for such files, but can be applied for the rest. We are sorry if it may be of any inconvenience.

As for the quality problem saving your mpeg files in AVS Video Editor, please upload one of such files to our ftp-server, we will be glad to solve the problem. the instructions for uploading will be sent to your in our support system.

Best regards.
18.05.15 00:01:53
ronnie_magee@...:
I too, like Mario, have experienced the same "grayed out Transitions button." However, unlike Mario, I am not as amicable about the lame Video ReMaker 4.0. It is inexcusable to deliver such a shoddy piece of half finished software into the market.
I have struggled with the issue of joining my home videos to produce a semi professional home movie using AVS software. I do not ask for much, just the ability to join some MPEGs together with fade in, fade out and a simple fade transition between scenes, while keeping the original quality of my video. Unfortunately after months of trying AVS's various solutions I am at a standstill.

Hi all.

I totally agree with Ronnie about transitions, and much more about Video ReMaker. Today's version, 4.4.2.168, released few days ago, is not different from others; perhaps worse.

I have struggled with the issue of joining my home videos....

Yesterday I had the last huge disappointment. I downloaded and installed once again last version of ReMaker, but the result has been the same of last months. Since last october I am fighting with AVS Support about ReMaker joins of my M2TS clips.
(To support manager: please give a look on my support page -enribest@yahoo.it- Kate/Dariela).

ReMaker is easy to use, wonderful to analyse videos frame to frame, wonderful to join a lot of clips together to make a movie - more than 350 at a time, 21+ GB -, but only if they are untouched, joins are raw, but clean; wonderful to save M2TS clips or movies as source, with same splendid quality. But don't try to trim any frame, or any part of scene, as promised everywhere: almost all joins are shaky, jerky, due to overlapping of some frames, sometimes of a whole gop.

The possibility to put between these joins a quick transition, is not the solution, but would make that, less horrible.

ronnie_magee@...:
I can categorically state that Video Editor is a sophisticated editing tool with onegaping hole in it. When it re-renders videos, (which it must do,) it does so with horrendous loss of quality

I agree with Ronnie.
Support suggested me to use Editor. IMHO Video Editor is a great editing tool, with a lot of useful features.

But, why must I lose the most important thing, the wonderful HD video quality??? It outputs videos in a bunch of formats, some even useless: WHY shall it not be able to save a file simply AS IT IS, how it can easily do the more modest ReMaker?? Is it so difficult for developers to apply, in many months time, these feature to a tool, that could be like or better than others that cost hundreds of dollars/pounds?

Please don't mind my bad english.
Waiting for an answere. Best regards.
Enrico
Nat
21.05.15 12:11:08
To: enribest

Dear Enrico,

Concerning the issue with AVS Video ReMaker, our developers are working on this issue now.

As for the output video quality in AVS Video Editor, to get the output file of high quality please select the input file parameters like frame rate, frame size and bitrate for the output by clicking on the Advanced button after selecting the format. To check the input file parameters right click on the video in media library - choose Properties.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards .
21.05.15 15:43:10
To: Nat

Hi Nat,
Thank you for your answere.

About Editor, I may assure I have tried all possible selections, but even at maximum of choices, the loss of quality of outputs is shamefully too high.

ronnie_magee@...:
I have tried every conceivable rendering available in the program. I’ve spent hours trying every scenario, even in advanced custom mode, matching all the parameters of my original video, i.e., size, frames per sec., Kpbs etc., nothing works.

Like Ronnie, I too. Not hours, but days, months.
But I can't believe that developers cannot apply to Editor the same feature as to Remaker: save outputs AS SOURCE.

Maybe I don't understand anything, but if I, with a knife, cut a piece of steak, on the dish it will remain beef, not fish! I think that change would be more hard than leave things as they are, or not?
Editor and ReMaker are AVS sotwares, not SonyVegas, Corel or FinalCut, then where is the difficulty??

About ReMaker, I do understand that join can be difficult, with I-frames, P-frames, B-frames... IMO only the ability to put transitions between parts to join can supply to mask this issue. Please, at least try to do it.

Kind regards.
Enrico
Nat
01.06.15 11:27:52
To: enribest

Dear Enrico,

Thank you for the information and the feedback.

I will pass your suggestion over to our developers.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
28.07.15 16:12:38
Giving that feature suggestion a +1 as well please.
Nat
29.07.15 11:36:32
To: rickyjm

Thank you for the suggestion.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  142