AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
13.01.11 05:47:07
Hi

I need to convert Indesign files .indd file format to photoshop file .psd file format.

Can I do this using document converter, if so how or do I need a different converter?

I appreciate any help anyone can give me, thank you
13.01.11 23:52:29
To: Ian McGeachy

Hello,

Unfortunately, .indd files are not supported by our AVS Document Converter.

Please find the list of formats supported by our program here.

Regards.
Gil
24.11.11 00:51:24
My O/S is XP Pro. I'm having no success using this program to convert a .pdf to WP .doc or Open Office .odt file formats. I get the following "Information" screen whenever I click on "Convert Now":
"The opened documents are not available for conversion. They cannot be converted to the selected output format."
What have I failed to do/not done right... or done wrong?
*SOS*
24.11.11 10:40:27
To: Gil

Hello,

Unfortunately, conversion between some formats is not supported by our software. Please seel the list of allowed intput/output formats combinations following this link.

You may convert your PDF file to DOC or ODT in two steps - first convert it to DOCX and then convert it to DOC/ODT format.

I hope it helps.

Best regards.
18.04.11 04:23:22
when adding file I get this message. opens fine in calibre.
20.04.11 02:13:30
To: scottinkn

Please make sure that your epub file is not protected. Our software does not allow to convert copy-protected files.
28.11.11 01:15:31
To: Vlad

I also ran into that issue on a non-protected EPub file. I had already use calibre to view the file and make a PDF but calibre has issues with leaving the output looking the same as the input dispite playing with the settings for two hours
28.11.11 17:28:27
To: mjs_28s

Hello,

Could you please attach your file to your message in zip archive, so that we could test it?

Best regards.
13.11.11 16:08:20
I brought this up once before and got an unsatisfactory answer from support. The AVS document converter will not work on Microsoft's WPS files because, as they say, Microsoft took that word processor software out of their offerings and replaced it with something else and because they did that now AVS took their converter for WPS files out of their library as well. So now what are people who have tons of WPS files supposed to do? I don't have the "suggested" software that will read them. I use "Open Office" software which will not open or read these files to something you can read. Because AVS said they took their converter out of their library means that they had it once so why can't people get it when all they have to do is take it out of the closet and make it available! I just don't understand these software people. I think when they sit down they sit on their brains!!
14.11.11 14:16:36
Hello,

We apologize if the answer from support team caused any inconvenience, but, regretfully, it's true. We do not plan to support WPS format as the WPS format has been discontinued by Microsoft and replaced by the standard Microsoft Word DOC format.

However, our support manager suggested you open WPS files with Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher and save them as DOC files. To open WPS files with either of these programs, you may need to select "Word 2000" or "All File Types" in the Open dialog box. So, this is how you can work with your WPS files.

Also, we apologize if support answer was not clear, but WPS file format has never been supported by AVS Document Converter and we have not took it out from our Library. Actually, first version of AVS Document Converter was released in 2010 when WPS format had been already discountinued.

I hope it clarifies.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  457