AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
30.12.10 01:36:49
Hello, just bought and testing the Video rcorder i have a big Problem. I want to capture 90min HI8 Videos from my old Cam via a a Canopus ADVC-300. This works fine for VirtualDub but i get 18GB large Files. On an other PC i can use this System with Cyberlink PowerDVD Capture, it works fine and generates 6GB Files in MPG.

Now i tried to simplify the Process with AVS Video Recorder but it captures only an amount of near 2,3 - 2,4GB, it is not the same scene when it hangs. I Tried splitted and not splitted mode but i want MPG and _not_ large AVI Files.

so give me some Informations, what can be wrong on my Notebook, where i need to capture my videos. Are there basic problems or mistakes i can make?

My Notebook is a DELL Latitude E6400 with Windows 7 64Bit. As explained there are no Problems to capture 90min with VirtualDub x64.

Any Idea, Any Help?
31.12.10 05:12:04
To: christian.sen@t-online.de

Here are some Logfiles during the Break. Break 1 is written while a screen with white noise, Break 2 caught an Error after 16min. (700MB) recording. Break 3 i did not realy follow, it stopped but the video was not at the end.
Attached files:
31.12.10 06:57:08

Another Break during Recording, and there the menu in the Preview what i want to do next i changed back to the black Preview Screen to wind the video in the cam and than after a while the Programm broke with an Error Message.
Attached files:
02.01.11 06:14:33

Hello,

First of all please make sure that you have enough free space on your laptop. Try capturing to different formats (Native and Mpeg-2) and see if the problem persists.

Aslo, please note what is displayed in source hi8 videos at the moment when AVS Video Recorder stops capturing. Is there a change scene? If yes, please note the topic here.

Regards.
05.01.11 04:02:07
To: Vlad

Hello, there ist diskspace a lot (25GB). I think it my be the same problem like vandenm has. There are some positions in the tapes where it stops (like grey screen without video signal) and some effects like the capturing is stopped by itself and there is a System Box from Windows like "Programm has stopped, Break, Repair?". I´m not sitting and wait on it but one time the capture was stopped and your menu was on the screen what to do next with the file. I klicked back to the Capturescreen and winded the tape and suddenly the box with "Programm has stopped" appeared but i did nothing on the PC. I tested it on two PC´s it is the same. Both are Windows 7 64Bit.
17.01.11 00:05:44

Hello,

Sorry for such late response. We were analyzing the problem.

There seems to be the problem working with certain device - Canopus ADVC 300. According to the logs video signal from the device was not lost and it looks like you have stop recording manually. Perhaps, Canopus ADVC 300 works in some special way... Do you enable preview for recording? Try recording without preview and see if the problem persists?

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  357