AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
15.12.10 16:27:30
I have edited my home video files and want to create DVD's with a menu. The Video Editor is great for editing but the menu creation is limited. If I upload the file into your DVD Authoring software, do I lose quality vs using the slimmer options in AVS Video Eitor?
18.12.10 09:54:16
To: Greg Denning
I too was frustrated with the "limited" Menu capability of Video Editor. However, I was able to find a work around. I don't know if this might help you, but, here is what I did.

1) While in your project, drag and drop a scene into your Timeline you would like to appear as your menu (it could be part of a clip or a still photo).
2) Click on the scene and click "Text" to add text to the scene. You have full Text Editing capabilities here.
3) Once you've done that, take a snapshot of the scene and note where the snapshot is stored.
4) Locate the snapshot in your Work Area, then click "Disc menu". You should be able to see your snapshot.
5) Drag and drop the snapshot into the Working Area.
6) Blank out the "Disc Menu Title" under "Settings".
7) You can then add your own music by clicking "Browse".
8) This is the menu Video Editor will use for your movie.
9) Finally, delete the scene from your TimeLine.

I don't know if this is what you were looking for. Good luck.
19.12.10 03:38:01
To: hjsaka@sbcglobal.net

We have extended DVD-menu capabilities in new version AVS Video Editor 5.2 - now you can edit number of chapters on the page, change button position, edit the size of the Menu Title, create DVD menu with 16:9 aspect. You are welcome to try new version.
21.12.10 16:24:43
Thanks all, will post back after trying both!
21.12.10 16:29:01
Do I need to unistall my current version and then reinstall the new ones? Or will the new version just do an update?
24.12.10 06:58:31

Sorry for the late reply. We recommend uninstalling previous versions then install new ones.

Regards.
31.12.10 21:48:41
To: Vlad
Vlad, it's better but you still don't have full text edit capability. It seems you have to accept the Font style and color. I guess I can live with that.
02.01.11 06:34:28
To: hjsaka

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward it to our developers, so that they can improve dvd menu capabilities in the next version.

Regards.
06.01.11 15:32:52
Hey Vlad. I also notice something that's no longer in the DVD menu section of Video Editor that was in DVD Authoring. Under the auto set chapters you only have the option to set chapters every x amount of minutes. In the old DVD Authoring; you had that option as well as have x amount of chapters spread evenly over the main clip. It would be nice to have that option again. In the meantime I still have the DVD Authoring as a work around. As always, thanks for listening and the superb support you people provide us day in and day out.

Jonkincy
10.01.11 03:02:31
To: Jonkincy

Hello Jonkincy,

Thank you for your feedback, it is very useful for us.

Be sure I will forward your suggestion about chapter amount feature to our developers.

Regards.
10.01.11 18:14:06

Vlad, why does the updated uninstall DVD Authoring without warning? Even if not still supported it doesn't seem fair to remove it without warning. There should be a warning and option to let me keep using it, unsupported. After all, I paid for a lifetime license. It worked great. I had a template saved. Now poof, no way to use it.

Does Video Editor have a way I can use my own custom image for the menu background?

Please give DVD Authoring back or don't drop it until all of the capability has moved to Video Editor. Right now I'm at a loss for how to produce move menus that are the same style that I've used for over a year.
11.01.11 09:20:44
To: blazingsun27545
You know old versions of AVS software can be found on the internet and your license works for them as well. I have used some as a workaround until AVS merged the software in with other software; which I have to say was very smart on their part. All you have to do if you haven't already is google the software version you're looking for and you'll find it.
14.01.11 12:27:30
To: blazingsun27545

Sorry, but new version of AVS Video Editor does not remove AVS DVD Authoring automatically. Are you sure the authoring was uninstalled during update? Did you updated AVS sofware via AVS Updated Manager or manually downloading from our site?

By the way, you can set custom image for menu background in the dvd menu preset Pattern (see styles presets in DVD menu options).

Thanks, we also find it reasonable to add some capabilities of DVD Authoring to AVS Video Editor.
Please note that we are not responsible for the software downloaded from third-party websites, especially for illegal or cracked copiies.
20.01.11 22:12:10
I wasn't referring to any cracked copies. I was simply saying that old, unsupported versions of AVS software can be found and for those like myself that have an unlimited license the software will work with our current license. Trust me Vlad I like the whole suite of software which is why I got an unlimited license. Sorry if my suggestion was misinterpreted or misguided. I also have to admit it was a 3rd party that lead me to this site.
20.01.11 22:23:33
P.S. I rather have the updated versions that does haves all the features in one anyway so I can free up space on my system. No need to keep an oldie, but goodie if the newbie can do it better.
26.01.11 01:01:05

Last time when I wrote to AVS4YOU customer support they said that I cannot keep old and new versions of the programs because of the Access Violation Error. Probably that's why they choose to combine AVS DVD Authoring and AVS Video Editor.

I wasn't really using AVS DVD Authoring, but I must say that I like Video Editor better.
28.01.11 08:39:31
To: PirateNinja
Let me make this as clear as I possibly can. The Video Editor is a better program since adding the features of DVD Authoring. The problem is that the new version did not have all of the features that made DVD Authoring a great program. Which is why I mentioned what I notice to Vlad and the support team. While the support team is deciding whether or not or restore this feature in Video Editor and provide an updated version of Video Editor comes with the feature that was mentioned there remains a need for the now old, outdated, and unsupported version of DVD Authoring. We all know there are legacy programs still in use out there whether it was made by AVS or other companies. There are uncracked legacy versions of AVS software out there to use if it has a feature that is no longer part of a current program. These copies are not cracked and there is no need to crack them since our license for them will work as it have for all the other AVS programs we use. For those of you that don't have a license it would be wise to purchase a license. One license works for a whole slew of products. Plus the license is very affordable. Anywhere else you would be paying over $200 or $300 for just one of these programs. Until the update I comes I will use DVD authoring for that reason and that reason only and I'll be first one to trash it when the update arrives.
20.02.11 18:58:45
I recently installed the new Video Editor program and found that the DVD Authoring program will no longer work when the Video Editor program is installed! I get an error which states that "the integration of the program structure is corrupted" and advises that I should contact AVS4U support. AVS4U support, of course, does not reply. AVS4U could have at least notified their customers that the DVD Authoring Program would no longer work if they installed the updated Video Editor program!
After finding out the hard way that the DVD Authoring program would no longer work, I decided to try the authoring program included in the new Video Editor. I was able to figure it out and it works pretty well, but the Menu Styles are unbelievably corny! The styles on the old DVD Authoring program were much better. Simple and concise without the amateurish looking graphics. Who cares if the videos are previewed on the title page! I think it was a big mistake to dump the DVD Authoring program without warning the customers. It's like AVS4U decided to take away a program I paid for without telling me.
21.02.11 06:32:49
To: tranqbase

Hello,

We have stopped developing AVS DVD Authoring program and it is no longer avaliable on our website. We recommend to use AVS Video Editor to create DVD menu's.

Best regards.
05.06.12 03:21:36
Is there a reason you could share why this program has been removed from your system? It is a bit helpful in some cases.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  295