AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
13.12.10 19:31:53
Hi, I am trying to burn my first project of some clips to a dvd. I made the menu and came to the last step. There, the program freezes. It freezes at 0% on the screen which shows % task completion. Any ideas.. why this should happen?
I am trying to author a DL disk 8.5gb; my laptop is an i5 Intel 2.4Ghz; with 4Gb ram (so I think, RAM should not be a problem)
Thanks
14.12.10 03:36:41
To: dravp@yahoo.com

Try using smaller DVD discs (4,5 GB) to burn your project. Also if the program doesn't respond (check Task Manager) then try to re-install it.

The problem may also persist if you have virtual DVD drive installed on your computer like Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% etc. If you have one of these programs installed or any other similar program, make sure the letter assigned to your physical DVD drive comec first. For instance I have two DVD drives (physical and vitrual). My physical DVD drive is assigned to letter (E:) and my virtual is (F:) drive.

I have encountered this problem when using other burning programs (hope I won't get banned for saying it *CRAZY*) Nero.
14.12.10 13:52:05
To: PirateNinja

I tried burning single layer DVD-5 at standard resolution; but again, it sort of freezes. The counter for progress does not go beyond "0%", I have left the program running for quite a long time thinking it may take some time; but again no results.
Also, I just have 1 physical drive (e:) on my laptop, without any virtual drives.
If it is of any consequence, I am running Win 7 Professional
Thanks again.
14.12.10 13:53:43

Forgot to mention...
I checked in Task Manager, the AVs DVD author is using about 200 MB memory ( i have 4gb installed). Thanks
15.12.10 03:07:54

I don't want to make any conclusions, but still...

Can you burn DVDs in any other program? If yes, then you might need to update a firmware of your DVD drive. Turn to the manufacturer or user manual for more info. There are plenty of firmwares available on the internet.

If you cannot burn DVD, but can burn CDs or read just read DVDs then your DVD drive is slowly dying. The only way to solve this problem is to get a new one... :(
15.12.10 13:11:33

I am able to burn DVDs on other programs, but it is just the AVS DVD authoring. It stops working even when making a DVD (before writing to the disc itself). Any ideas if this can be caused by Win 7..??? Thanks again
19.12.10 03:31:34

Hello,

We have stopped developing AVS DVD Authoring software and recommend now using AVS Video Editor to create DVD-menu. Please note the discussion here.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  375