AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
11.09.10 16:18:32
Check out my profile for a full rundown of my system, but in the short, I am running a 3.4 ghz quad core phenom II. I'm trying to convert a blu-ray to an AVI custom profile. I changed the thread settings to 4 to allow it to use multiple cores from my processor, but when I check my system resources, it is only using about 70 percent on core 1 (the second core) and the other 3 run at about 20 percent. In the past, I have know video conversion programs to max out my cpu, but I'm only using 35% even with cubase 5 open and while playing a Blu-ray. The files end up taking up about 14 gigs, but the conversion time is upwards of 14 hours each time (some settings have taken 20 hours). I have the conversion priority all the way up, and regardless of overclocking or not, it still seems to take forever.

I have a massive heat sink and have run torture tests for days and my temperatures always are low, but I cannot seem to get this program to crank through the process. Any ideas on how to fix this. I have been through all the system setting I can think of with this program. I even tried another video type (either MKV or MPEG) and used the force optimizations since my processor supports them all and with auto detect optimizations to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have not noticed any slowing down of my computer at all, the only thing the program does is use about 300 - 500 megs of ram while running.
13.09.10 01:49:15
To: MikeyMan

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

Could you please specify which exact output settings you select when convert videos to AVI?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.
13.09.10 18:15:41
To: Vlad

I have actually tried multiple different file types including AVI, MPEG and m2ts. I was using custom settings for the AVI and MPEG, but I am currently using the m2ts full hd 1080p setting because I wanted to make sure it wasn't my settings that were causing the problem and it takes less time and the quality seems to be better, but I am still having the same issues. It still is taking 10 - 16 hours depending on the length of the movie. I also upgraded to version 7.0 in hopes this would work, but to no avail.
17.09.10 01:37:25
To: MikeyMan

Sorry for the late response and thank you for the details.

As far as I can see you are working with full HD video. Actually, it's guite normal speed and cpu usage for our software working with such videos on your processor. Sorry if it may be of any inconvenience. Our developers are working on the program to optimize conversion speed and I will forward your feedback to them.
28.11.10 06:25:36
Hi,

I just upgraded from a dual core 3Ghz Intel to an overclocked 6-core 3.7GHz AMD. One reason was to get much faster AV conversion but the initial result -converting a bluray to mkv- still took much longer then expected while the load of all 6 cores was only 18~22% the whole time.

How can the full speed of the 6-core AMD be utilized with AVS4YOU video converter ??? Theoretical I should be able to convert ~5x faster!

Does one output format/codec make better use of the 6-core AMD then another ???

Thanks for your advise.

Cheers,
Ronald
30.11.10 11:53:56
To: ronald@schoneveld.org

Hello Ronald,

Please note the discussion above.

Regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  230