AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
09.11.13 16:26:16
To: cmoleman

Hi cmoleman. I was just wondering if you were able to send the logs yet for analysis?
21.11.13 23:04:01
This issue dates back 11.09.10 and still no fix? I'm experiencing this as well. Add nodes to an audio level or use the fade out option and there usually is a click or pop at the end of the track. This glitch is audible both in the preview and the produced video. I have recently updated to your latest version in hopes it would be fixed but there error is at least still present in the preview.

Once I am done with my current video I would be ready and willing to make a short video showing how to reproduce the problem and send you all files associated with the production. Be warned, there may be audio glitches!

Lets work together to solve this issue once and for all.

Thank you for you time,
VMarc
Nat
26.11.13 07:28:54
To: VMarc

Dear VMarc,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

We'd greatly appreciate if you could help us the resovle the issue and provide your project with video files.

Could you please try to use an experimental .exe file generated by our developers and inform if it improved the situation:
http://forum.avs4you.com/posts.aspx?lng=ENG&t=2762&p=3#23371

Thank you for understanding and cooperation.

Kind regards
01.12.13 15:10:17

Hi buddy, any notes on this yet? I was wondering if you were able to find a work around for this.
06.12.13 19:42:53
To: Nat

Sry for delay. Do I need to do a full un-install of the video editor (including regedit modifications) for this file?
Either way, will test within the next couple days.
07.12.13 21:23:33
VMarc:

Sry for delay. Do I need to do a full un-install of the video editor (including regedit modifications) for this file?
Either way, will test within the next couple days.

Nevermind the above, I didn't look at the file before speaking. It's obviously not an installation file its just a replacement exe binary file. Made a backup of my original exe and copied in the new one... let the tests begin.
07.12.13 23:37:39

Getting a little upset here. I used the Screen Capture application found within the AVS Video Editor but the PC sound that it recorded ended up being desynchronized with the video.

The exe did not solve the issue. I am not going to send you any files as the problem is easily reproducible.

- Get/make a sound file. (I used AVS Sound editor to generate a 30 second sine wave at 1Khz. This is the 30s sound file I will be referencing.)
*ARG! An other issue. (see below)
- Run AVS Video Editor
- Drag and drop the 30s sound file and an image (I use a plain black square) into the Editor's Media Library.
- Drag and drop the image into the "Line for Main Video" and make this image time longer than the audio file duration.
- Drag and drop the sound file into the "Line for Audio Mix" anywhere within the image duration.
- Put the "Time Selector" anywhere in the middle of these.
- Make certain the Sound file is the selected item in the timeline.
- Right click the "Time Selector" and select "Split from the drop down menu. This will cut the audio file at that point in time but will not delete anything.
- Make certain the second portion is selected.
- Right click on the second audio portion and select "Delete Object" from the drop down menu that appears.
- Select and right click the first, and now only, audio portion and select "Reset Envelope". Doing the rest of the instructions without doign this step does not work out at all.
- Select and right click the first, and now only, audio portion and select "Fade Out".
- Move the "Time Selector" anywhere before the fade out has occurred and press play. At the end of the sound, after the complete fade out, where there should be no sound, chances are you will hear a loud audio click or pop. There shouldn't be. it doesn't always happen. Move the time cursor while the "Preview Screen" is playing an you can play that section many times successively. It would be just a distraction if the click did not "sound" in a produced video but it still does. The sound is not present in every production but in 6 files produced by repeating the steps above it has presented itself twice.

There are other issues too, in addition to the one above saying see below. Two that I'll mention are... About 50% of the time when you do the "fade out" step, there is a node that stays at the mid level at the end after the fade. Playing with the nodes at the end of the audio file and trying to make certain they are at the bottom corner is not a good thing as the node/nodes disappear and the amplification line straightens out.

Arg below is here. When AVS Video Editor is not maximised in you screen, clicking and dragging the title bar to the top of the screen should maximise the AVS window. When then AVS window is maximised clicking and dragging the title bar to the top of the screen should "Restore down" the window. Detail, but it gets me often.

The option to edit your own posts here in the forum would be nice too.
12.12.13 01:40:26

I was thinking about the issue in question and I realized a couple points. For one, all the tools to work around this issue are present with your software bundle. Using AVS audio editor I can easily cut, attenuate and fade the ending as I please, all with relative ease. My second realization is probably the most important one. Based on the cost of your product, I’d like to thank you (Nat) and your team for a very user friendly, versatile and expansive series of products. This isn’t Adobe Premier, Sony Vegas nor is it supposed to be, it allows me to dabble and grow, pushing both myself and the products.

Thank you,
Marc
Nat
13.12.13 07:29:01

Dear Marc,

Thank you for your kind words and for all the information with detailed description of the problem.

We greatly apprecite your help in resolving the issue with AVS Video Editor.

However we are not able to reproduce the issue refering to your steps as the problem does not occur on every computer and will all the programs, the issue is reproduced not as a rule, but as an exception. So to analyse the issue we still need your project file.
If you would be so kind please send it to us with the files used in the project. I will send you the instructions on how to do it via AVS Support System. Please use your e-mail and forum password to log in.

Warm regards
15.12.13 14:20:21

Hi Cmoleman, I was just digging onto this. Any updates yet on your source files or have you found another approach to this?
23.12.13 19:08:41

Done and done.
- Compressed File 01 contains a screen capture that demonstrated the "glitch pop" while in the editor. The output of this file did not contain the "glitch pop" even if it was audible in the editor. Note, the "glitch pop" is not consistently audible in the "glitch pop".
- Compressed file 02 contains the output file that does have the "glitch pop".
- All compressed file do contain the saved project and both files used to produce the projects.

I expect a reply and resolution within the hour.
I'm kidding. Its the holiday season, I hope your team have a good one.

Marc
Nat
25.12.13 10:58:46

Dear Marc,

Thank you for the files and all the information.

We will now test them and inform as soon as the issue is resolved.

Kind regards
04.02.14 21:28:54
Now its about year 2014. just payd for progs and same glitch since year 2011. please stop to wash our brains and finally find a solution. very dissapointed.
04.02.14 21:34:13
Nat:

Dear Marc,

Thank you for the files and all the information.

We will now test them and inform as soon as the issue is resolved.

Kind regards

Please stop to feed us with your thanks. you already has enough information about glitch during 3 years. we all not see your acts to solve problem. please start to act already.
Nat
05.02.14 10:33:31
To: righteos

Dear user,

To avoid the problem please try to do the following: zoom in your project at maximum and make sure your audio file do not have volume increase at the end - see the screenshot attached. Please try to change the position of an audio point at the end: when the mouse cursor is located over a point, you will see it change from an arrow to a rhombus. Try to drag the rhombus to the end - see the screenshot "AudioSelect".

Please also try to cut a small part of the audio at the end (a second or two) by using the Split and Delete buttons and inform if you get any sound.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
Attached files:
05.02.14 13:33:30
[REPLY]Nat[/REP
doesnt help
06.02.14 05:28:11
Nat:
Dear user,
To avoid the problem please try... Please try to... Try to... Please also try to....

TRY to AVOID a problem is not a solution.
05.02.14 09:42:31
HI JUST PAYED FOR UNLIMITED LICENSE AND FIND A PROBLEM WITH SOUND. BUG IS - LOUD !!!POP!!! AT END OF FILE AFTER REDUSE OF SOUND. SEE ATTACHED FILE WHICH SHOWS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. WILL YOU EWER FIX THIS BUG? PROBLEM AUDIO AT END OF FILE ADED TO VIDEO EDITOR SINCE YEAR 2011-2014.
Attached files:
Nat
06.02.14 07:43:46
To: righteos

Dear user,

You can do the following: right click on the audio track where you get the sound glitch - choose Audio, in the new opened window under the preview you will see an audio line with fade in and fade out effects and triangles indicating them, please drag the triangle at the end according to the errow on the screenshot and then back to the very end of the audio line, press Ok and try to playback the audio.

Please inform about the result.

Kind regards
Attached files:
24.04.14 10:06:32
I too have been asking several questions about specific problems I've been having with AVS Video Editor and instead of a useful and coherent response, all I get is a message saying my questions has been answered (Oh, really?) and to just uninstall and then reinstall everything. THis is disgusting and pretending on your site that what I paid for is customer support is a lie. Unless my questions are addressed in a professional and useful manner, I want my money back AND I will do my best so that other people don't get conned by this.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  304