AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
01.09.10 09:02:58
Can anyone tell me how to transfer .dv recordings from the computer onto DV tape. I'm using a Sony DSR-11 digital videocassette recorder. It's all hooked up and working fine just can't seem to find the right function in AVS to render the files.

Thanks for any help.
Experienced User
01.09.10 10:51:26
To: mjdionne

What kind of connections does your Digital Video Cassette player have? In particular input connections.

As you will need to connect your computer to the input of the Digital Video Cassette player so you can record to it. To do this you will need some kind of output card from your computer. If your computer video card supports a TV out connection you may be able to use this. You will also need to connect a cable from the line out port of your sound card to the line in of the Digital Video Cassette player for the sound.
01.09.10 11:17:44
To: CybaGirl

Hi thanks Cybagirl,

I have a Sony DSR-11 and I'm using a 1394 firewire connection which should take care of the I/O audio and video signal. I run a rack of analog devices through the DVR into the computer for capturing recordings. I could just record from the analog but I have files already on my HD that I want on dv tape. I just need to know how to render the files to the DV tape using AVS. The Video Editor isn't giving me an option for saving them to deck but the Video Recorder sees as well as the computer. It's got to be something simple I'm missing with the program.
Experienced User
01.09.10 18:58:40

Your welcome and sorry I don't think I will be able to help you further.

Unless I'm wrong. I'm now thinking that AVS will need to have direct copying support built into it for your Digital Video Cassette. Which basically means you need the ability to select your Digital Video Cassette as the source for the final movie to be produced on.

Is there an option to just create what you want and save it to your PC then use another program to copy or transfer it to your Digital Video Cassette? More or less like it is done to get the content onto other devices?

Other than that hopefully someone from AVS will be able to help you further.
02.09.10 04:56:23

Hello,

Actually, AVS software allows to transfer video from DV tape to computer (digitalize video), but not from computer to dv tape recorder. You can capture cassetes from your digital video cassette recorder to computer files via firewire connection using AVS Video Recorder

CYbeGirl has given to you valuable pieces of advices. If you have s-video or composite outputs in video card of your computer and the same inputs in your digital cassette recorder, using this connection you should be able to record video which is playing on your computer to dv tape. However, there is no need in any special software, only media player to play videos on computer. You can use AVS Media Player for it.

I hope it helps.

Best regards.
02.09.10 05:47:23
To: Vlad

OK, thank you both for the info. I'll try another program and check out my series connections.
02.09.10 06:27:57

you are welcome.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  384