AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
01.09.10 18:24:50
Hello

I'm trying AVS Video Editor 4.2 - all the features are stunning and I love it very much. However, when I tried to use it with my local language (Thai), I can edit the text in Thai in the editing mode but when I commit the changes, the text goes "?????".

I tried to browse this forum and found a topic mentioning about arabic fonts, I tried the suggested solution but it doesn't help. The menus and the text in the timeline can be correctly displayed in my language after changing "Language for non-unicode applications" in Regional settings in control panel. However the title text itself does not.

With all the features I am dying for getting it to use but I am getting stuck with just only this point.... Is there any workarounds you guys could suggest me to do to overcome this?

thanks!
Experienced User
01.09.10 19:24:17
To: pwill

I think you will find this is a limitation of version 4.2 as I had the same thing when it came to using some unicodes in my end credits.

However I can confirm that these now work in the latest version as I just tried them and they now appear in the movie instead of being shown as ? marks.

But unfortunately the latest version does not allow you to manipulate the text box sizing and for the life of me I do not understand why this feature was removed. As now this creates an issue when using a text box in regards to when the text is shown and at what speed. Which is a real problem when using any of the scrolling text options. It also makes it near impossible to match the text with a specific time frame in a music file.
02.09.10 00:22:12
To: CybaGirl

Oh CybaGirl, thanks for the information. I probably was working on the version that is not quite up to date. Agreed on the textbox sizing - it's such a great feature that hardly any other video editing software has.

I'll try out newer version of the video editor then.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  15