AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Experienced User
01.09.10 02:40:32
*SOS*

Hello, can someone please tell me why the size manipulation of the text box was removed from version 5.1.1.128 of AVS Video Editor?

I hope it wasn't removed in lieu of the imbeciles who did not understand how to use this feature correctly?

Because by removing this feature I no longer have full control over when the credits appear at the end of the movie without sacrificing the speed at which they scroll at. Especially when you have lots of credits to display at the end of your movie. It also affects the ability to sync the credits with a certain part of a song or music file.

In case you are unusre as to what I am refering to. Please look at the following images.

As you can see in the following image there is resize squares that allow you to adjust the size of the text box in version 4.2.1.188.

But in version 5.1.1.128 they are no longer there as shown in the following image.

Can you PRETTY PLEASE put this resize option back into the program?

As this option is extremely important in regards to being able to control when the credits appear without sacrificing the speed in which they scroll at. Especially when you want to add alot of credits to the end of the movie you are creating.

Please do not ruin this awesome program by following in the footsteps of Windows Vista and Windows 7 by creating a product that treats you like your an imbecile by making automatic choices for you. As there are still people out there who know how to use a computer and do not need to have everything done for them.

I love the new features that comes with version 5.1.1.128 and I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into creating it for us. But sadly without the ability to control the text box sizing I believe AVS Video Editor has now taken a step backwards.

So for the moment it looks like I'm going to have to go back to version 4.2 just so that I can have full control over how my movie credits will end up looking like. Rather than letting what version 5.1.1.128 thinks is best for me.

:-(
02.09.10 04:10:08
To: CybaGirl

Hello,

Actually, in the new version text box resizes automatically to contain the text you typed in there. Not sure how it can influence speed of scrolling as speed depends only on how much text you have in text box. The same was earlier.

Best regards.
Experienced User
02.09.10 08:15:33
To: Vlad

Hello and thanks for getting back to me. A good example to see what I am talking about is to load up any project or create a new one in version 5.1.1.128. Then add say the Fade Credits text option to the time line.

Now play the project in the preview window with the default text and watch the speed in which the text scrolls at.

Once this has finished playing. Double click on the Fade Credits so that the editor is loaded. Now double click on the text as if you was going to change the text. But do not change anything. Then click on ok. Then when you are taken back to the project play the project in the preview window once again. You will now see what I am talking about and you will also notice a huge difference in how the text is scrolled.

By removing the ability to control the text box manually and allowing it to automatically re-size the text box it throws everything out of whack and makes it extremely difficult when you want to have alot of credits displayed.

The influence of the speed was controllable under version 4.2 by manipulating the size of the text box when editing the text. But because you cannot manipulate the size of the text box under version 5.1.1.128 the scrolling speed depends on how much text you have in the box as per what you are saying which is not very good.

Problem can be resolved by allowing people to manipulate the size of the text box. As I would move the top of the text box down and inline with the top of the background color or image if an image was being used.

If you are still unsure as to what I am talking about. I'm happy to do a video up for you. So you can see how I influenced the speed in which the text scrolls at by adjusting the size of the text box under version 4.2.

Thanks for your reply.
06.09.10 05:34:11

Thank you for the full explanation of the problem.

However, we cannot reproduce the problem. Text is scrolled with the same speed, no matter - if you preview credits immediately after putting it on Timeline or after opeining Edit option.

Speed of scrolling also depends on duration of credits effect. Was not the duration changed somehow?
Experienced User
06.09.10 08:31:39
To: Vlad

Thanks for getting back to me.

It might be best if I do up a video to show you what is going on at my end. That way you can see exactly what is happening and you can try the same procedure at your end to see if you have the same problem.

It's not an easy one to explain really. It's one of those things that you have to be shown and once you are shown you will fully understand what I mean :).

Please give me a few days to do something up as I have a few things to do this week. So I am not to sure when I will be able to get to it just yet.

Thanks either way for your continued help on this.
07.09.10 07:35:51

Yes, it would be great if you show us example videos:)

We will also test the issue from our end and let you know about the results.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  210