AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
NJN
28.08.10 20:10:11
Hi, im a newbie to this and hoping somebody can help. This is a simple question that should be straighforward, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Once you have created a disc menu (which I have), how do you add it to your movie...? Ie, how do you get it to the beginning of your timeline? There is no 'add' button and no information about it i can find under explantion of how Video Editor's features work. All it says is you can create a menu, but it doesn say how you then add it to your movie so it is plays at the beginning.

Thanks for you help...

:-)
NJN
29.08.10 04:00:33
ps, I amusing AVS Editor 5.1, I should have mentioned. I have watched the online video tutorial on how to add your menu to your video, but it hasnt helped. I can create a menu, but I don't understand how you add it to your timeline. Thanks.
30.08.10 04:16:09
To: NJN

Hello,

Actually, DVD Menu which you create in AVS Video Editor will not be added to Timeline. DVD Menu will be added to video after you produce your project to DVD or Blu-ray disc.

I hope if clarifies, but if any questions arise, we are here to help.

Best regards.
NJN
01.09.10 04:03:39
Hi, thank you for that :)
Yes I finally managed to work that out (through trial and error of burning my video to a disc) and it is there, but now I am having other problems. The text for my menu homepage is being cut-off for some reason during production/burning, even though it all appears to fit perfectly on the computer screen in AVS editor (and I've only got 3 words for the title, 'Michael Junior Richmond'). Yet when it play the disc on my dvd player, the 'Michael' is pushed too far up to the top of the screen and the word is only half visible. It does not matter whether it is viewed on a regular (square-sized) tv or a HD widescreen tv...it still cuts it off (once again, despite the fact that when looking at it through the editing software on my pc, it fits totally fine). There also doesn't seem to by any way, in any one of the pre-set menus, to change the font size or position of the font on the menu page...am I right about this? (seems quite limiting...). Is there any way then to create one's own menu through AVS, or must we use the pre-set ones? Also, despite the fact that I have 5 chapters added, it only produced three...it does not show or give access to the menu page listing the two remaining chapters when viewed on a dvd player. It only shows Chapter 1 of 5, two of 5 and 3 of 5...so it knows there are 5 there, but it wont let me access the next page where the final two are listed! And finally, the music I added to the menu page did not come out after burning/production either (once again - despite the fact that it does play when viewed through AVS editor).
I have tried producing my video in different qualities/formats and in both HD and normal definition...I have not managed to fix these issues. I await your response, thank you in anticipation
06.09.10 07:13:52
To: NJN

Hello again and sorry for the late response.

We have tried creating similar DVD menu - with the same title and with 5 chapters. Sorry but the problems were not reproduced. I've attached created DVD - the Title displays correctly and the menu allows to follow second chapter page. Please note that you should click Enter or OK on DVD player remote control, when you highlighted right arrow, to follow next chapter page.

Therefore, could you please specify the following details:

- which aspect ratio is set for you project?

- which exact DVD menu preset did you choose to create DVD menu?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.

P.S. Unfortunately, there is no such option which would allow to change size or font of a text in DVD menu title. Actually, DVD menu option in AVS Video Editor is intended to create quick simple menus.
Attached files:
22788.58 KB
13.09.10 17:46:48
Hi, its me (NJN), I had to create this second profile (NJN2) because for some reason it wouldnt let me log in with the NJN one (said it didnt recognise my email address...even though I'm quite certain I was typing in the same one I registered with), so I dont know if that was my error or a system glitch, but I've had to re-register, sorry about that and the delay in my response.
First, thanks for the tip re accesssing the chapters, once clicked correctly they were there all along (oops...) so thanks for clearing that up :)
The remaining problems are still unresolved, here are the specifications you asked for. But please note first as this is important, the menu page being cut off (ie reduced in width with two black vertical bars on either side of the screen) if happening with ANY format I have tried to produce...ie HD, High Quality, Good Quality, PAL/NTSC etc etc it doesnt make a difference - i have gone through about 25 dvds and not had one successfully burned menu page yet. I have been forced to reduce my original title from MICHAEL JUNIOR CHRISTENING to MICHAEL JNR CHRISTENING, just to make sure it all fits in (once again, despite the fact when viewed through the Editor program - the original title fits perfectly). Its just bizarre that the rest of the video itself is not affected...ie the reduction in width is only happening to the menu page, then the rest of the video is normal. So its definitely a menu-specific problem.
1) The menu style I am using is ALBUM
2) The aspect ratio: is 16:9 (I have done enrything is this same ratio)
3) I have tried burning in both PAL and NTSC (as my dvd recorder plays both)
4) Production in Divx, HD ratio 1080P is the one which will not play the music in the menu page (even thought is plays in the software). In fact, in general, trying to do anything in High Definition Divx seems the most problemtaic, ive found the AVS software crashes far more during that production process than with any other process, and sometimes wont burn the menu at all even without the music (but I know system crashing is a whole other issue being discussed elswhere, but I just thought it may be relevant to mention that Ive encountered that repeatedly too).
At this stage, I would just like to be able to produce a menu preset to look the same on a dvd as it does when viewed in the software.

Thanks for your ongoing help.
16.09.10 06:50:59
To: NJN2

Hello,

Thank you for all the details.

To solve the problem displaying Disc Menu Title, please download the attached zip archive, unpack and copy preset.xml to the directory C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoEditor\MenuStyles\Addon\Album replacing the old file. I hope it helps.

Not sure about the problem playing music in the menu page on Divx discs as Divx discs don't have chapters menu. Divx players just play avi files on the disc. Perhaps you mean Blu-ray disc?

As for the registration on the forum, i've checked your e-mail, it was not approved. Perhaps you have not passed trough verification procedure. I've approved your e-mail, it should work now.

Best regards.
Attached files:
7.23 KB
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  484