AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
30.06.08 12:45:30
I purchased your Video Converter on Friday, June 37, 2008. Thus far, it has taken over 6 hours to convert one DVD from files and also from a DVD disc. I tried a second DVD from Disc and it has taken 50 minutes to convert 20% of this movie. This is totally unsatisfactory
Any ideas?
Dam
Administrator
01.07.08 05:19:08
To: glassmanoak@yahoo.com

The conversion duration depends upon many factors, for example the PC configuration, the speed of your DVD drive etc...

So, to clear up the situation, try to provide us with the following information:

1. What version of AVS Video Convertor you have
2. The format you use for the conversion and the presets you choose
3. How much time does it take to copy files from your disc to the hard drive
4 .What is the total duration of all the files you that you want to convert
5. Their size
6. Specify, whether the disc is not used any more at the conversion process (playing in the player etc...)
7. In fact the conversion from the hard drive takes less time then the convertion from the disc. If you have multi-processor PC, it will be processed in the multithreading way. So, send us your PC configuration.

Hope to hear from you soon.
12.09.08 06:26:00
To: Dam

I have a similar question, IF my disks convert, they do so relatively quickly. For example, I converted an 3 hr dvd last night that went from disk to hard drive in about 40 mns. It went from DVD folder on hard drive to .m4v format in about 20 mins. I think these conversion times are pretty good.

I got my new desk top last week: HP Pavilion - Vista home premium - 4G Ram - "640" gb HD - 24.ghz dual core processor

I'm still shell shocked from the slow system I upgraded from so I find myself restarting my system after each conversion to "clear the cobbwebs" to hopefully reduce the chances of the next conversion hanging the system up.

My question is: Am I right in assuming the conversion process works best when the system is "fresh" from a restart? When I say conversion, I mean either DVD copy for using Video Converter 6.2

ASIDE: it would be a good idea to include a "Shut down PC after Conversion" function for DVD copy and Video Converter. This function comes in very handy when i use your DVD to iPod software. If you leave the DVD copy alone to convert, the disk keeps spinning after the conversion and stop only after you click the "Ok" button on the successful conversion screen. My two bits.
Dam
Administrator
15.09.08 06:08:40
To: Roccofan

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will forward it to our developers.

As for the hanging. Please make a screenshot of the Task Manager>Processes at the moment, when the software hangs.

Best Regards
12.05.09 13:18:34
I tried the AVS video conversion trial and it work fast, but now that i purchased the software has become slow, I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, I'm using the same laptop with XP pro, and it has become pretty slow, I tried also in another laptop with Windows Vista, my laptop is not dual core, but i have 2 gigs of memory, and If it work before I don't see why it's not working like before, I' m converting a flv. file to mp4 dvd quality , and it's been an hour and the progress is 0.52% ,slow, slow, is there anything I can do to speed it up??
Administrator
14.05.09 04:00:35
To: rghouseholder@msn.com

Try setting the conversion priority to highest (see the screenshot attached) and do not launch any other programs during conversion.

Make sure you are using the latest version of the program. Try downloading it anew following this link.
If this does not help, please attach the detailed information on your PC system.

Best regards
Attached files:
14.05.09 04:01:35
Coversion of a FLV file to WMV is very long in time and size of resulting file. It takes ten hours for a 65 mb FLV file to convert to WMV file that is hundreds of millions of bytes in size. I must be doing something wrong. What is it that I am doing wrong?

Gerald Hansen
Administrator
16.06.09 03:54:30
To: GeraldL

The reason your output WMV file is large in size must be that you have chosen a high quality preset, ex. HD or Best Quality. Try choosing lower quality settings (the lower bitrate the less your outout file size will be).

As for the conversion speed, please note the above post by Dam.

Best regards
16.06.09 03:55:30
I need to convert a 45 minute video to wmv files. It is taking hours to do this. Is there any way to make it go faster. I have a core2duo processor that is 2.0gb. I am running windows vista. This program is way to slow to help me.
Administrator
07.09.09 04:53:25
To: john.black@usd262.net

Please note the answers given above. Obviously, you have selected high quality output parameters, therefore it takes so long to convert the video. Try choosing another preset or set conversion priority to highest.

Best regards
07.09.09 04:54:25
Hello.
I cetainly will appreciate if anybody out there can help me out.
I have been trying to convert my musical video files downloaded from Real Player to MPEG via The AVS Video Converter v.6.The conversion is happenning all right but its kind of taking an exceptional lengthy period.Almost forever actually.I have been converting a single musical video with a play time of about 5 mins for about 8 hrs now and i am still at 14.24% completion.To think that i have like 70 outstanding vidoes to convert is unthinkable.
I think this is abnormal so i need you to let me know how i can have my files converted faster,a lot faster as i still have lots of files to convert.
Is there a driver i need to download to make the conversion faster,if yes please let me know and the link to it or may be there are other steps to take to save me a lot of time and my Laptop from a lot of stress.

Thanks.
Administrator
05.10.09 01:54:59
To: kunle.adeola@gmail.com

Certainly this is not normal that it takes so long to convert a 5 min movie.
Please could you specify:
- whether the input file is saved on your hard disc;
- whether any other high performance programs are launched along with AVS Video Converter;
- which output preset has been selected: in case this is HD quality, the conversion might really take long time.

Please attach a screenshot of the Advanced window of the program (File Information tab) showing input and output file parameters, as well as provide information on your PC specs.

Hope to hear form you soon
05.10.09 22:19:12
To: nadin

Hi Nadin,
My computer is a window XP and all i am simply tring to do is to convert my musical video files downloaded from youtube into Real Player to MPEG.
After i terminted the rather long conversion,i started to get a more faster conversion rate but all came to nuts as my device did not recognize the out put.
Seriously,conversion shouldnt be such a duel.I am really fed up.
Administrator
06.10.09 01:28:43
kunle.adeola@gmail.com:
all came to nuts as my device did not recognize the out put

Please could you specify the exact model of your device. We'll try to give you some advice on the preset you would need to choose.

Regards
12.10.09 16:11:20
Video Converter Slow conversion. As per Dan 5-19-08 answers

1 6.3.2.370 I subscribed yesterday on recommendation from VSO
2 High priority Video MPeG 768KbPS MP3 96KbS
3 From HD to HD 10 minutes using eSata cable
4 Viewing time 2 hours
5 Total size 4 Gig
6 From HD to HD
7 12 month old Vista Premium 32 bit, Asus M51A with 2 x 2.53GHz CPU, 4 Gb RAM, 320Gb HD but only 100 Gb used as I dump all into a 1 Tb HD.

It took 4.25 hours to convert a National Geographic Doco.

Update, I have just viewed the 2.2GB result and there is only one section of the 4 Gb converted - 4 hrs to convert 2 Gb.

Not Happy.

Plse advise
Owen
Administrator
13.10.09 03:38:10
To: herbtues

It really requires much time to convert to HD presets. I suppose it must be normal to take 4 hrs to convert a 2 Gb file.

Best regards
13.10.09 13:10:56
To: herbtues

I am sorry but I cannot understand your reply.
What HD presets need to be adjusted? Please advise what I have to do to speed the conversion to an acceptable time.

Why did AVS only convert a section of the video and not the complete video.

Rgds
Owen
Administrator
14.10.09 07:25:24
herbtues:
What HD presets need to be adjusted? Please advise what I have to do to speed the conversion to an acceptable time.
You can try choosing a lower quality, not HD preset, for ex. if you convert to AVI, try the following profile: MPEG4 (DivX, Xvid, 1500 or 768 kbps).

herbtues:
Why did AVS only convert a section of the video and not the complete video.
Probably you have terminated the conversion process, so as a result, not the whole file was converted?

If not, please open the source file in AVS Video Converter once again and preview it. Is the whole movie played?
Compare the actual duration of the video with the duration listed in the program. Is it the same? Attach a screenshot of the Advanced window of the program (File Information tab).

Looking forward to hearing from you
14.10.09 07:26:24
I have just purchased the AVS and am surprised at just how long it takes to convert to any of the programs. To AVI is taking over 3 hours. To WMV it takes over 36 hours according to the program. Surely this cannot be right? What am I doing wrong?
14.10.09 07:27:24
Today I attempted to change my 15 minute video to to AVI and I had to wait over 3 hours for it be converted then it just disappeared! I first attempted to convert it to wmv but it said over 38 hours! Why is this program not working for me? i have only had it 12 hours! I am no expert and maybe I am doing something wrong. I fist copied the video onto hard drive then copied the files onto the program. Please tell me what I am doing wrong!
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  632