AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
21.07.10 16:44:21
By starting this thread, maybe I'll have a better chance of getting a response from the AVS support team (or anyone else for that matter). The bottom line is, I want the previous version of the AVS Video Recorder back! Remember the one that had the "full screen" and the "mute" button next to each other at the left bottom of the screen.

I started using that program somewhere in February or March of this year and what I recieved was a beautiful sharp and fine picture of
both my video camera and my VCR. Then a couple of days ago I was forced to reboot my computer so naturally I had to re-install my AVS Video Recorder (and also Converter). I noticed right away that it was a new version but didn't thought much of it from the beginning. But when I started using it I was shocked when I saw the drop in quality (both from my video camera and my VCR), even though I used the same USB stick as before and that I on both occasions used the "Recommended format" when capturing. The only explanation I could think of is that the new version for some reason is much worse, even though I can't for one second understand why they would have done it that way. I tried to install and run the Video Recorder program on my girlfriends laptop (also Vista) using the very same USB stick (from Ulead Video), but it had the same bad quality. A strange thing is if I compare the properties on both the "old" and the "new" clips it's pretty much the same numbers on everything except the video bitrate, which is higher on the new clips. I'm more than willing to send a version of both the old and the new clips so I can show anyone the difference, so they can see for themselves.

So my only hope is if anyone has a link to the older version (not the 2.4 version of today), or if they still have the old installer icon on their computer. Or if the AVS team can give me the older version back. REMEMBER: I PAID MONEY FOR SOMETHING I TRIED AND LOVED. AND I HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO HAVE IT CHANGED TO SOMETHING WORSE. IF I BUY A CAR AND THEN MONTHS LATER THE CAR COMPANY COMES BACK AND TAKE AWAY THE STEERING WHEEL THEN I DON'T LONGER HAVE WHAT I PAID FOR, DO I? Then the question of refund comes up, but I really don't want the money, I want my Video Recorder back the way it used to be!
21.07.10 17:25:55
Listen everyone! I have proof!! I have uploaded both an old clip and a new clip of the same video so everyone can see for themselves the difference!!! You might noticed that the old good clip is a WMV file, but that was because I converted it using the AVS Video Converter. So the properties on the clips might be a little different, but believe me the picture quality didn't improve just because I converted it, it was just as great in its original form. The other new bad clip I'll give you here in its original MPG form. The old good clip is a little longer than the new bad one but you have plenty of time to see the difference in quality!

Anyone can see the difference in quality, even the AVS support team, take the time and check it out!

The old "good" quality clip using the older version of AVS Video Recorder, download here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UOXF078Q

The new "bad" quality clip using the new AVS Video Recorder 2.4, download here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6YLOZSD4

YOUR HONOR, I REST MY CASE!!
Nat
23.07.10 07:03:50
To: sammydavis

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed description of the problem and the files uploaded.

The fact is your first clip (which is better in quality) has higher bitrate and frame rate, that is why there is difference in quality between the two video files.

So please try to use the latest version of AVS Video Recorder and record the same video clip in the following way: in Output Video Format (Capture tab) choose Native, then, if you need, convert it to the necessary format using AVS Video Converter (this is the way you recorded your first video clip).

Please inform if the recorded video is of better quality.

Regards
Online:
Users:  1  Helga
Guests:  99