AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Experienced User
30.06.10 13:23:57
Hi

I updated the Media Player today. Not that I use it, but just for completeness.

I'm pretty angry, because in so doing, AVS Media Player has made itself the player associated with ALL media types stored on my computer, plus others like DAT files. Without even asking me if I wanted this to happen!!

I suggest most politiely to AVS that when you release an update to the Media Player, the routine does NOT involve grabbing all the media file types for this player.

I use a different player for all media types, not least because it doesn't have a cheesy opening logo play every time I open it.

I think this answers another post of mine today: http://forum.avs4you.com/posts.aspx?lng=ENG&t=2588

still a friend of AVS, but growling a bit.

James
Nat
01.07.10 02:52:18
To: jcthomson

Hello James,

Sorry for the inconveniences caused. We will pass your suggestion over to our developers.

For now you can change the association of your files by right clicking on a video file (of which format you need to change the association) - choose Properties - General. Then press the Change button in the Open with... line and choose the Player to playback files of that format (see the screenshot attached).

Regards
Attached files:
548.82 KB
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  120