AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Experienced User
06.05.10 13:51:47
I'm no novice with AVS software, including Disc Creator.

I have the latest version of all components installed and everything works fine except creating audio discs. I've made dozens in the past with previous versions of Disc Creator, admittedly sometimes needing multiple attempts.

However, I've just had FIVE straight failures using perfectly good CD-Rs from a batch which have been fine in the past. I've tried different write speeds too.

The process gets to 20% - 40% completion then just stops writing to the disc which is then useless. Eventually the cd is ejected with no failure message.

Now as I said, I'm no novice - so, please, no nonsense about uninstalling the whole set of programmes, deleting registry files, re-installing and so on. I've done that before and it makes no difference to problems.

Is there a problem creating audio CDs with Disc Creator latest version?

ps I have no problems whatsoever creating DVDs.

James
Experienced User
06.05.10 15:23:47
To: jcthomson

at last failed attempt I took a screen shot - attached.
Attached files:
195.17 KB
11.05.10 11:59:55

Hello,

Please provide some additional information about the problem:

- specify the model of your burner;
- inform us what brand and type of blank CD's you use for burning;
- specify your PC configuration - operating system, CPU, Ram.

This information will allow us to assist you further.

Best regards.

P.S. Unfortunately, I had to delete your previous post as it contained advertisement of third-party software. Please note that advertisement is not allowed on our forum according to the rules.
Experienced User
12.05.10 00:17:49
To: Vlad

Vlad - you must be joking. I've wasted enough time already.

I am now at the point where I KNOW Disc Creator doesn't work properly for creating audio CDs.

You think I'm going to participate in the usual AVS trick of stalling by asking for a load of information ????

Not a chance!

Other FREE software works properly and MUCH MUCH FASTER every singly time. There is no problem with my HIGH SPEC computer, burner or blank CDs !!!!!

You're software is generally ok and good value for money.

But some of your programmes JUST DON'T WORK. Don't waste MORE of my time by asking for useless information.

It's annoying and insulting to treat an Experience User like an idiot. SHEEESH.
12.05.10 02:06:00

I don't quite understand why did you found my questions abusive.You turned to us with this problem for the first time and we need this information to be able to assist you. I'm asking you to stop communicating in aggressive way!
Create Audio CD function works very well in new version for most our users. There may be the problem in our software working in your particular evironment. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and we will do our best to fix it. So, I'm kindly asking you to provide the information requested.

Kind regards.
12.05.10 04:33:32

Also, please attach your log files. You can find them in the directory C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSDiscCreator\logs or
c:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\AVS4YOU\DiskCreator\logs depending on operating system.

Thank you in advance.
Experienced User
15.05.10 03:17:23
To: Vlad

This is NOT the first time i've had this particular problem - look back in my previous posts. It's the first time with the latest version of Disc Creator.

I've given up using it, and I have to say Audio Editor is causing me problems too - my pc keeps crashing when I'm editing audio files.

I find it insulting to have more of my time wasted by AVS asking for information, log files etc, and still never fixing the problem.

I didn't realise you were so sensitive.

Of course, reading other forum posts, you have to put up with A LOT of aggression.

I wonder why people get so fed up ?

End
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  43