AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
05.04.10 03:18:59
I have a unique problem in that the burned movie after successfull completion of burn, freezes during playback on a dvd player. It appears the screen locks, and the whole section of the movie becomes unplayable. I redownloaded AVS disc copy, and AVS disc creator, having erased the previous versions, incase it was a bug or something. At least now, since doing this I am able to complete the burn. Any suggestions? Could there have been bad sectors on the original movie?
05.04.10 07:16:29
To: hicksbryan9

Hello,

Have you played this disc on computer in video player software? Does it also freeze during playback?

Do you have this issue playing only the one certain DVD-video or several DVD-videos?

Regards.
22.04.10 09:10:16
I just tried the defective disc to play in my laptop, and it would not play at all, whereas in my dvd player it will play somewhat. Store bought movies play fine in both laptop and dvd player. It turned out every movie I burned (about) 5o of them, is having this problem the freezing. I have tried other software too, with about 80 percent failure rate, throwing away discs, too for being ruined. I am at the height of my frustration with this. Vlad, this is what I plan to do. Wipe my hard drive completely clean, and replace the burner altogether. Please consult Nadin, for my problem is ongoing, and I did not notice the screen freezing on all my videos until later. Let me know directly my answer at hicksbryan9@live.com. I am asking you if I will have a problem getting the software back once I wipe clean the hard drive, and if you think it will be effective. ]
27.04.10 06:06:36

We still thinks that the problem is in your burner as it works unstable with different software and different types of discs. So we would recommend you to replace your burner and try working with another one. Cleaning hard drive will not be effecteve in this case.

I hope our advices will be helpfull.
13.05.10 18:29:06
I am burning just fine now, after making some changes. 1) I stopped using dual layer discs and went to 4.7 gb discs 2) I wiped hard drive clean. 3) I replaced burner. So far so good. Clarity is average. I learned to clean all discs prior to burning, this helps with skip and freeze problem
17.05.10 11:33:45

Thanks for getting back to us.

We are glad that the problem has been solved.

We hope you enjoy using our software.

Regards.
13.08.10 00:42:59
To: Vlad
How are you doing? You have not heard from me in a while, because lately I have been having no problems with burning. I think computer viruses have everything to do with whether or not a movie Glitches when it is burned. The evidence I have to support this is after replacing the hard drive, absolutely no errors were made in a burn, and no ruined discs. Hey, but now I am having a new strange problem which I will post on a separate page as well.
I have burned movies lately where the copy does not allow you to zoom on dvd player. This can be an exciting feature to zoom in on action scenes, however, lately the burns I made, none of them allow or permit the zoom feature on the dvd player. When you attempt to zooom, the screen reverts back to normal immediately. Factory bought movies do permit the zoom feature just fine, and so does burns I have made months back. Can you help me figure this out? Could it be a worm in my hard drive again affecting performance? I am also getting some, but not alot of screen freezes.
13.08.10 07:20:55

Hello,

Glad to hear that that burning has been working successfully for a long time.

As for Zoom, I would say the problem is in DVD player, not in burning or virus. Please see my answer in the related topic.

Regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  413